Manufacturing flexibility, business model design, and firm performance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Picard, Pierre M. & Okubo, Toshihiro, 2012.
"Firms' locations under demand heterogeneity,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 961-974.
- Pierre M. Picard & Toshihiro Okubo, 2011. "Firms Location under Demand Heterogeneity," CREA Discussion Paper Series 11-07, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- PICARD, Pierre M. & OKUBO, Toshihiro, 2012. "Firms' locations under demand heterogeneity," LIDAM Reprints CORE 2459, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Steven Tadelis & Oliver E.Williamson, 2012. "Transaction Cost Economics," Introductory Chapters, in: Robert Gibbons & John Roberts (ed.),: The Handbook of Organizational Economics, Princeton University Press.
- Justin J. P. Jansen & Frans A. J. Van Den Bosch & Henk W. Volberda, 2006.
"Exploratory Innovation, Exploitative Innovation, and Performance: Effects of Organizational Antecedents and Environmental Moderators,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(11), pages 1661-1674, November.
- Jansen, J.J.P. & van den Bosch, F.A.J. & Volberda, H.W., 2006. "Exploratory Innovation, Exploitative Innovation, and Performance: Effects of Organizational Antecedents and Environmental Moderators," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-038-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Seebacher, Gottfried & Winkler, Herwig, 2014. "Evaluating flexibility in discrete manufacturing based on performance and efficiency," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 340-351.
- Martin, Silvia L. & Javalgi, Rajshekhar (Raj) G., 2016. "Entrepreneurial orientation, marketing capabilities and performance: The Moderating role of Competitive Intensity on Latin American International New Ventures," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 2040-2051.
- Lumpkin, G. T. & Dess, Gregory G., 2001. "Linking two dimensions of entrepreneurial orientation to firm performance: The moderating role of environment and industry life cycle," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 429-451, September.
- B. Demil & X. Lecocq, 2010. "Business model evolution : in search of dynamic consistency," Post-Print hal-00572915, HAL.
- Xie, Zhenzhen & Li, Jiatao, 2015. "Demand Heterogeneity, Learning Diversity and Innovation in an Emerging Economy," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 277-292.
- Merschmann, Ulf & Thonemann, Ulrich W., 2011. "Supply chain flexibility, uncertainty and firm performance: An empirical analysis of German manufacturing firms," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 43-53, March.
- Jihee Han & KwangSup Shin, 2016. "Evaluation mechanism for structural robustness of supply chain considering disruption propagation," International Journal of Production Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(1), pages 135-151, January.
- Adam M. Brandenburger & Harborne W. Stuart, 1996. "Value‐based Business Strategy," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 5-24, March.
- Troy J Strader & Fu-ren Lin & Michael J Shaw, 1998. "Simulation of Order Fulfillment in Divergent Assembly Supply Chains," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 1(2), pages 1-5.
- Zelong Wei & Hao Shen & Kevin Zheng Zhou & Julie Juan Li, 2017. "How Does Environmental Corporate Social Responsibility Matter in a Dysfunctional Institutional Environment? Evidence from China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 140(2), pages 209-223, January.
- Rabetino, Rodrigo & Kohtamäki, Marko & Gebauer, Heiko, 2017. "Strategy map of servitization," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 192(C), pages 144-156.
- Ron Adner & Daniel Levinthal, 2001. "Demand Heterogeneity and Technology Evolution: Implications for Product and Process Innovation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(5), pages 611-628, May.
- Abernathy, William J. & Clark, Kim B., 1985. "Innovation: Mapping the winds of creative destruction," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-22, February.
- Klibi, Walid & Martel, Alain & Guitouni, Adel, 2010. "The design of robust value-creating supply chain networks: A critical review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 203(2), pages 283-293, June.
- Christoph Zott & Raphael Amit, 2007. "Business Model Design and the Performance of Entrepreneurial Firms," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(2), pages 181-199, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Weking, Jörg & Stöcker, Maria & Kowalkiewicz, Marek & Böhm, Markus & Krcmar, Helmut, 2020. "Leveraging industry 4.0 – A business model pattern framework," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 225(C).
- Hung Nguyen & George Onofrei & Norma Harrison & Dothang Truong, 2020. "The influence of cultural compatibility and product complexity on manufacturing flexibility and financial performance," Operations Management Research, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 171-184, December.
- Azadegan, Arash & Srinivasan, Ravi & Blome, Constantin & Tajeddini, Kayhan, 2019. "Learning from near-miss events: An organizational learning perspective on supply chain disruption response," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 216(C), pages 215-226.
- Frank, Alejandro G. & Mendes, Glauco H.S. & Ayala, Néstor F. & Ghezzi, Antonio, 2019. "Servitization and Industry 4.0 convergence in the digital transformation of product firms: A business model innovation perspective," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 341-351.
- Rizwan Ullah Khan & Yashar Salamzadeh & Hiroko Kawamorita & Gabor Rethi, 2021. "Entrepreneurial Orientation and Small and Medium-sized Enterprisesâ€™ Performance; Does â€˜Access to Financeâ€™ Moderate the Relation in Emerging Economies?," Vision, , vol. 25(1), pages 88-102, March.
- Büchi, Giacomo & Cugno, Monica & Castagnoli, Rebecca, 2020. "Smart factory performance and Industry 4.0," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 150(C).
- Nitin S. Solke & T. P. Singh, 2018. "Analysis of Relationship Between Manufacturing Flexibility and Lean Manufacturing Using Structural Equation Modelling," Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Springer;Global Institute of Flexible Systems Management, vol. 19(2), pages 139-157, June.
- Dalenogare, Lucas Santos & Benitez, Guilherme Brittes & Ayala, Néstor Fabián & Frank, Alejandro Germán, 2018. "The expected contribution of Industry 4.0 technologies for industrial performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 204(C), pages 383-394.
- Camiña, Ester & Díaz-Chao, Ángel & Torrent-Sellens, Joan, 2020. "Automation technologies: Long-term effects for Spanish industrial firms," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 151(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Arash Rezazadeh & Ana Carvalho, 2018. "A value-based approach to business model innovation: Defining the elements of the concept," NIPE Working Papers 12/2018, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Tobias Kollmann & Christoph StÃ¶ckmann, 2014. "Filling the Entrepreneurial Orientationâ€“Performance Gap: The Mediating Effects of Exploratory and Exploitative Innovations," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 38(5), pages 1001-1026, September.
- Prajogo, Daniel I., 2016. "The strategic fit between innovation strategies and business environment in delivering business performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 171(P2), pages 241-249.
- Costa Climent, Ricardo & Haftor, Darek M., 2021. "Value creation through the evolution of business model themes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 353-361.
- Krickx, Guido A., 1995. "Vertical integration in the computer mainframe industry: A transaction cost interpretation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 75-91, January.
- Orsatti, Gianluca & Pezzoni, Michele & Quatraro, Francesco, 2017.
"Where Do Green Technologies Come From? Inventor Teams’ Recombinant Capabilities and the Creation of New Knowledge,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers
201711, University of Turin.
- Orsatti, Gianluca & Pezzoni, Michele & Quatraro, Francesco, 2017. "Where Do Green Technologies Come From? Inventor Teams’ Recombinant Capabilities and the Creation of New Knowledge," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201703, University of Turin.
- Ye Jin Lee & Kwangsoo Shin & Eungdo Kim, 2019. "The Influence of a Firm’s Capability and Dyadic Relationship of the Knowledge Base on Ambidextrous Innovation in Biopharmaceutical M&As," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-17, September.
- Cappetta, Rossella & Cillo, Paola & Ponti, Anna, 2006. "Convergent designs in fine fashion: An evolutionary model for stylistic innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 1273-1290, November.
- Amandine Maus & Sylvie Sammut, 2018. "Business model innovation in incubators: the role played by dynamic capabilities theory," Post-Print hal-02466175, HAL.
- D’Angelo, Alfredo & Presutti, Manuela, 2019. "SMEs international growth: The moderating role of experience on entrepreneurial and learning orientations," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 613-624.
- Danny Soetanto & Sarah L. Jack, 2018. "Slack resources, exploratory and exploitative innovation and the performance of small technology-based firms at incubators," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 43(5), pages 1213-1231, October.
- Murmann, Johann Peter & Frenken, Koen, 2006.
"Toward a systematic framework for research on dominant designs, technological innovations, and industrial change,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 925-952, September.
- P. Murmann & K. Frenken, 2002. "Toward a Systematic Framework for Research on Dominant Designs, Technological Innovations, and Industrial Change," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2002-12, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Palo, Teea & Åkesson, Maria & Löfberg, Nina, 2019. "Servitization as business model contestation: A practice approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 486-496.
- Lin Song & Li Jing, 0. "Strategic orientation and performance of new ventures: empirical studies based on entrepreneurial activities in China," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-24.
- Azad, Nader & Hassini, Elkafi, 2019. "Recovery strategies from major supply disruptions in single and multiple sourcing networks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 275(2), pages 481-501.
- Sam Tavassoli & Lars Bengtsson, 2018.
"The Role Of Business Model Innovation For Product Innovation Performance,"
International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 22(07), pages 1-28, October.
- Bengtsson, Lars & Tavassoli, Sam, 2018. "The Role of Business Model Innovation for Product Innovation Performance," Papers in Innovation Studies 2018/4, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation Research.
- Lefeng, Shi & Shengnan, Lv & Chunxiu, Liu & Yue, Zhou & Cipcigan, Liana & Acker, Thomas L., 2020. "A framework for electric vehicle power supply chain development," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- Justin J. P. Jansen & Michiel P. Tempelaar & Frans A. J. van den Bosch & Henk W. Volberda, 2009.
"Structural Differentiation and Ambidexterity: The Mediating Role of Integration Mechanisms,"
Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(4), pages 797-811, August.
- Jansen, J.J.P. & Tempelaar, M.P. & van den Bosch, F.A.J. & Volberda, H.W., 2008. "Structural Differentiation and Ambidexterity: The Mediating Role of Integration Mechanisms," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2008-072-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Mary Tripsas, 2008. "Customer preference discontinuities: a trigger for radical technological change," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(2-3), pages 79-97.
- Jatinder S. Sidhu & Harry R. Commandeur & Henk W. Volberda, 2007. "The Multifaceted Nature of Exploration and Exploitation: Value of Supply, Demand, and Spatial Search for Innovation," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(1), pages 20-38, February.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness model design; Manufacturing flexibility; Competitive intensity; Demand heterogeneity;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:193:y:2017:i:c:p:87-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.