Is a unified macroeconomic policy necessarily better for a common currency area?
It is widely assumed that a common currency makes it desirable to have also a common fiscal policy. However, if fiscal policy is a source of shocks, independent national fiscal policies are generally preferable because they allow risk diversification.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sorensen, Bent E. & Yosha, Oved, 1998.
"International risk sharing and European monetary unification,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 211-238, August.
- Sorensen, B-E & Yosha, O, 1996. "International Risk Sharing and European Monetary Unification," Papers 40-96, Tel Aviv.
- Bent E. Sï¿½rensen & Oved Yosha, 1998. "International Risk Sharing and European Monetary Unification," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 327, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Ansgar Belke & Friedrich Schneider, 2003.
"Privatization in Austria: Some Theoretical Reasons and First Results About the Privatization Proceeds,"
Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut für Volkswirtschaftslehre der Universität Hohenheim
229/2003, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Ansgar Belke & Friedrich Schneider, 2004. "Privatization in Austria: Some Theoretical Reasons and First Results About the Privatization Proceeds," CESifo Working Paper Series 1123, CESifo Group Munich.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rockett, Katharine E, 1988. "International Macroeconomic Policy Coordination When Policymakers Do Not Agree on the True Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 318-40, June.
- Ansgar Belke & Nilgün Terzibas, 2003. "Die Integrationsbemühungen der Türkei aus ökonomischer Sicht," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut für Volkswirtschaftslehre der Universität Hohenheim 230/2003, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Gandolfo, Giancarlo & Goldberg, Michael D., 2005. "International Finance And Open-Economy Macroeconomics," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 263-266, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:25:y:2009:i:1:p:98-101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.