Is Fiscal Policy Coordination Needed in a Common Currency Area?
It is widely assumed that a common currency makes it desirable to have also a common fiscal policy. However, if fiscal policy is a source of shocks, independent national fiscal policies are generally preferable because they allow for risk diversification.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Hohenzollernstraße 1-3, 45128 Essen|
Web page: http://www.rwi-essen.de/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.rwi-essen.de/publikationen/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Asdrubali, P. & Sorensen, B.E. & Yosha, O., 1995.
"Channels of Interstate Risksharing: U.S. 1963-1990,"
07-95, Tel Aviv.
- Bent E. Soerensen & Pierfederico Asdrubali & Oved Yosha, . "Channels of Interstate Risksharing: US 1963-1990," EPRU Working Paper Series 95-04, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- P. Asdrubali & Bent E. Sørensen & Oved Yosha, 1995. "Channels of Interstate Risksharing : US 1963-1990," Working Papers 95-13, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Sylvester C.W. Eijffinger, 2005.
"The European Central Bank and Financial Supervision,"
in: Handbook of Central Banking and Financial Authorities in Europe, chapter 17
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W., 2004. "The European Central Bank and financial supervision," Other publications TiSEM b8c9eef1-90d0-4161-ac1a-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W., 2005. "The European Central Bank and financial supervision," Other publications TiSEM 5077241c-3ae7-4aaf-89f7-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Sorensen, B-E & Yosha, O, 1996.
"International Risk Sharing and European Monetary Unification,"
40-96, Tel Aviv.
- Sorensen, Bent E. & Yosha, Oved, 1998. "International risk sharing and European monetary unification," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 211-238, August.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rockett, Katharine E, 1988. "International Macroeconomic Policy Coordination When Policymakers Do Not Agree on the True Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 318-40, June.
- Bent E. Sï¿½rensen & Oved Yosha, 1998. "International Risk Sharing and European Monetary Unification," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 327, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rwi:repape:0062. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Weiler)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.