Debt financing of public investment: On a popular misinterpretation of "the golden rule of public sector borrowing"
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marchand, Maurice & Pestieau, Pierre, 1984. "Discount rates and shadow prices for public investment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 153-169, July.
- Sandmo, Agnar & Dreze, Jacques H, 1971.
"Discount Rates for Public Investment in Closed and Open Economies,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(152), pages 395-412, November.
- SANDMO, Agnar & DREZE, Jacques H., 1971. "Discount rates for public investment in closed and open economies," CORE Discussion Papers RP 98, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gramlich, Edward M, 1994. "Infrastructure Investment: A Review Essay," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1176-1196, September.
- Kellermann Kersten, 2004. "Finanzierungsformen und Opportunitätskosten öffentlicher Investitionen / Public Debt and Opportunity Costs of Public Investment," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 224(4), pages 471-487, August.
- Feehan, James P, 1989. "Pareto-Efficiency with Three Varieties of Public Input," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 44(2), pages 237-248.
- Poterba, James M., 1995.
"Capital budgets, borrowing rules, and state capital spending,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 165-187, February.
- James Poterba, 1992. "Capital Budgets, Borrowing Rules, and State Capital Spending," NBER Working Papers 4235, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- César Calderón & William Easterly & Luis Servén, 2002. "Infrastructure Compression and Public Sector Solvency in Latin America," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 187, Central Bank of Chile.
- Marc Robinson, 1998. "Measuring compliance with the Golden Rule," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 19(4), pages 447-462, November.
- Yakita, Akira, 1994. "Public investment criterion with distorted capital markets in an overlapping generations economy," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 715-728.
- Kersten Kellermann, 2006. "A Note on Intertemporal Fiscal Competition and Redistribution," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 13(2), pages 151-161, May.
- Jeremy J. Siegel & Richard H. Thaler, 1997. "Anomalies: The Equity Premium Puzzle," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 191-200, Winter.
- George Kopits & Steven A. Symansky, 1998. "Fiscal Policy Rules," IMF Occasional Papers 162, International Monetary Fund.
- Ward Romp & Jakob de Haan, 2007.
"Public Capital and Economic Growth: A Critical Survey,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 8(s1), pages 6-52, April.
- Romp, Ward & de Haan, Jakob, 2005. "Public capital and economic growth: a critical survey," EIB Papers 2/2005, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Friedrich Heinemann, 2006.
"Factor mobility, government debt and the decline in public investment,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 11-26, April.
- Heinemann, Friedrich, 2002. "Factor Mobility, Government Debt and the Decline in Public Investment," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-19, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Charles Wyplosz, 1997. "EMU: Why and How It Might Happen," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 3-21, Fall.
- George Kopits, 2001. "Fiscal Rules; Useful Policy Framework or Unnecessary Ornament?," IMF Working Papers 01/145, International Monetary Fund.
- Shawn Ni & Xinghe Wang, 1995. "Balanced Government Budgets versus Deficit Finance in a Growth Economy," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(4b), pages 1120-1134, November.
- Cukierman, Alex & Meltzer, Allan H, 1986. "A Positive Theory of Discretionary Policy, the Cost of Democratic Government and the Benefits of a Constitution," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(3), pages 367-388, July.
- Weingast, Barry R & Shepsle, Kenneth A & Johnsen, Christopher, 1981. "The Political Economy of Benefits and Costs: A Neoclassical Approach to Distributive Politics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 642-664, August.
- Kato, Ryuta Ray, 2002. "Government Deficit, Public Investment, and Public Capital in the Transition to an Aging Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 462-491, December.
- Robert A. J. Dur & Ben D. Peletier & Otto H. Swank, 1999. "Voting on the Budget Deficit: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1377-1381, December.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kappeler, Andreas & Solé-Ollé, Albert & Stephan, Andreas & Välilä, Timo, 2013.
"Does fiscal decentralization foster regional investment in productive infrastructure?,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 15-25.
- Andreas Kappeler & Albert Solé-Ollé & Andreas Stephan & Timo Välilä, 2012. "Does fiscal decentralization foster regional investment in productive infrastructure?," Working Papers 2012/32, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Andreas Kappeler & Albert SolÃ©-OllÃ© & Andreas Stephan & Timo VÃ¤lilÃ¤, 2012. "Does fiscal decentralization foster regional investment in productive infrastructure?," ERSA conference papers ersa12p60, European Regional Science Association.
- Andreas Kappeler & Albert Solé-Ollé & Andreas Stephan & Timo Välilä, 2012. "Does Fiscal Decentralisation Foster Regional Investment in Productive Infrastructure?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1204, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Kappeler, Andreas & Solé-Ollé, Albert & Stephan, Andreas & Välilä, Timo, 2012. "Does fiscal decentralisation foster regional investment in productive infrastructure?," Ratio Working Papers 199, The Ratio Institute.
- Kappeler , Andreas & Solé-Ollé, Albert & Stephan, Andreas & Välilä, Timo, 2012. "Does fiscal decentralization foster regional investment in productive infrastructure?," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 273, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Musgrave, Ralph S., 2010. "The flaws in Keynsian borrow and spend," MPRA Paper 25434, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philipp Harms & Joachim Lutz, 2014. "Foreign vs. domestic public debt and the composition of government expenditure: A political-economy approach," Working Papers 1415, Gutenberg School of Management and Economics, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, revised 20 Nov 2014.
- Branimir Markovic & Bozica Dunkovic & Dinko Jukic, 2009. "Public Investments and Borrowing: New Challenges for the Local Governmetns in Eastern Croatia," Interdisciplinary Management Research, Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek, Faculty of Economics, Croatia, vol. 5, pages 497-508.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:23:y:2007:i:4:p:1088-1104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544 .