n-person Battle of sexes games—a simulation study
n-person Battle of Sexes (BOS) games are examined by a special simulation study. Two types of agents are considered and there are three possible ways of making the agents’ initial decisions. The simulation study confirms the theoretical results on the existence and number of equilibria. We also investigate the effect of the model parameters on the limiting states of the system.
Volume (Year): 387 (2008)
Issue (Month): 14 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhao, Jijun & Szilagyi, Miklos N. & Szidarovszky, Ferenc, 2008. "An n-person battle of sexes game," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(14), pages 3669-3677.
- Chiarella, Carl & Szidarovszky, Ferenc, 2004. "Dynamic oligopolies without full information and with continuously distributed time lags," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 495-511, August.
- Cooper, Russell & Douglas V. DeJong & Robert Forsythe & Thomas W. Ross, 1993. "Forward Induction in the Battle-of-the-Sexes Games," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1303-16, December.
- Russell Cooper & Douglas V. DeJong & Robert Forsythe & Thomas W. Ross, 1989. "Communication in the Battle of the Sexes Game: Some Experimental Results," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(4), pages 568-587, Winter.
- Joseph Farrell, 1987. "Cheap Talk, Coordination, and Entry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(1), pages 34-39, Spring.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:387:y:2008:i:14:p:3678-3688. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.