Trade in financial services and the determinants of banks' foreign assets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Heinkel, Robert L. & Levi, Maurice D., 1992. "The structure of international banking," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 251-272, June.
- Anthony Saunders, 1988. "The Eurocurrency interbank market: potential for international crises?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Jan, pages 17-27.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1991. "Debt Maturity Structure and Liquidity Risk," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(3), pages 709-737.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Johnson, Denise, 1990. "The determinants of US banking activity abroad," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 123-137, June.
- Haynes, Stephen E, 1988. "Identification of Interest Rates and International Capital Flows," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 103-111, February.
- ter Wengel, Jan, 1995. "International trade in banking services," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 47-64, February.
- John H Dunning, 1980. "Towards an Eclectic Theory of International Production: Some Empirical Tests," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 11(1), pages 9-31, March.
- Robert S. Dohner & Barbara R. Lowrey & Henry S. Terrell, 1989. "The U.S. and U.K. activities of Japanese banks: 1980-1988," International Finance Discussion Papers 361, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 1989.
- Berlin, Mitchell & Loeys, Jan, 1988. " Bond Covenants and Delegated Monitoring," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(2), pages 397-412, June.
- Kouri, Pentti J K & Porter, Michael G, 1974. "International Capital Flows and Portfolio Equilibrium," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(3), pages 443-467, May/June.
- Rajan, Raghuram G, 1992. "Insiders and Outsiders: The Choice between Informed and Arm's-Length Debt," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1367-1400, September.
- Ueda, Kazuo, 1990. "Japanese capital outflows," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 1079-1101, November.
- Douglas Nigh & Kang Rae Cho & Suresh Krishnan, 1986. "The Role of Location-Related Factors in U.S Banking Involvement Abroad: An Empirical Examination," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 17(3), pages 59-72, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claudia M. Buch, 2005. "Distance and International Banking," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 787-804, September.
- Wezel, Torsten, 2004. "Foreign Bank Entry into Emerging Economies: An Empirical Assessment of the Determinants and Risks Predicated on German FDI Data," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2004,01, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Alicia Garcia-Herrero & Daniel Navia Simon, 2006. "Why Banks go to Emerging Countries and What is the Impact for the Home Economy? A Survey," Working Papers 0602, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Claudia M. Buch, 2002.
"Are Banks Different? Evidence from International Data,"
International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 97-114.
- Buch, Claudia M., 2000. "Are Banks Different? Evidence from International Data," Kiel Working Papers 1012, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Shahida Shahimi, & ABD. GHAFAR B. ISMAIL & SANEP B. AHMAD, 2006. "Panel Data Analysis of Fee Income Activities Islamic Banks تحليل البيانات الإحصائية لأنشطة البنوك الإسلامية المدرة للعمولات," Journal of King Abdulaziz University: Islamic Economics, King Abdulaziz University, Islamic Economics Institute., vol. 19(2), pages 23-35, January.
- Mutinelli, Marco & Piscitello, Lucia, 2001. "Foreign direct investment in the banking sector: the case of Italian banks in the '90s," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(6), pages 661-685, December.
- Buch, Claudia M., 1999. "Why Do Banks Go Abroad? - Evidence from German Data," Kiel Working Papers 948, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Buch, Claudia M., 2000. "What Determines Maturity? An Analysis for Foreign Assets of German Commercial Banks," Kiel Working Papers 974, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Mohamed Bechir Chenguel & Abdelkader Derbali & Meriem Jouiro, 2020. "Installing Islamic banking windows in conventional bank: Effects on performance," International Journal of Financial Engineering (IJFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 6(04), pages 1-11, February.
- Buch, Claudia M., 2000. "Information or Regulation: What Is Driving the International Activities of Commercial Banks?," Kiel Working Papers 1011, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Molyneux, Philip & Nguyen, Linh H. & Xie, Ru, 2013. "Foreign bank entry in South East Asia," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 26-35.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mulfin:v:8:y:1998:i:1:p:23-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/mulfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.