The Role of Location-Related Factors in U.S Banking Involvement Abroad: An Empirical Examination
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sanchez-Peinado, Esther & Pla-Barber, Jose, 2006. "A multidimensional concept of uncertainty and its influence on the entry mode choice: An empirical analysis in the service sector," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 215-232, June.
- Moshirian, Fariborz & Van der Laan, Alex, 1998. "Trade in financial services and the determinants of banks' foreign assets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 23-38, January.
- Minh To, Huong & Tripe, David, 2002. "Factors influencing the performance of foreign-owned banks in New Zealand," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 12(4-5), pages 341-357.
- repec:spr:manint:v:49:y:2009:i:2:d:10.1007_s11575-008-0134-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shapiro, Daniel & Globerman, Steven, 2003. "Foreign investment policies and capital flows in Canada: a sectoral analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(10), pages 779-790, October.
- Williams, Barry, 2003. "Domestic and international determinants of bank profits: Foreign banks in Australia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1185-1210, June.
- Parkhe, Arvind & Miller, Stewart R., 1998. "Foreign operations of U.S. banks: Impact of environmental differences and ownership advantages on organizational form preferences," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 59-83, July.
- Yamori, Nobuyoshi, 1998. "A note on the location choice of multinational banks: The case of Japanese financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 109-120, January.
- Bala Ramasamy & Matthew Yeung, 2010. "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in Services," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(4), pages 573-596, April.
- Drew Dahl & Andrew Logan, 2005. "The exposure of international bank loans to third-country risk: an empirical analysis of overdue claims," Bank of England working papers 247, Bank of England.
- Molyneux, Philip & Nguyen, Linh H. & Xie, Ru, 2013. "Foreign bank entry in South East Asia," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 26-35.
- Köhler, Matthias, 2008. "Transparency of Regulation and Cross-Border Bank Mergers," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-009, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Avkiran, Necmi K., 2006. "Developing foreign bank efficiency models for DEA grounded in finance theory," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 275-296, December.
- Mutinelli, Marco & Piscitello, Lucia, 2001. "Foreign direct investment in the banking sector: the case of Italian banks in the '90s," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(6), pages 661-685, December.
- Li-Gang Liu, 2005. "The Impact of Financial Services Trade Liberalization on China," Discussion papers 05024, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Williams, Barry, 1998. "A pooled study of the profits and size of foreign banks in Australia," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(2-3), pages 211-231, September.
- Yamori, Nobuyoshi, 1997. "Do Japanese banks lead or follow international business? An empirical investigation," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 369-382, December.
- Dahl, Drew & Shrieves, Ronald E., 1999. "The extension of international credit by US banks: a disaggregated analysis, 1988-1994," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 153-167, January.
- Kyriaki Kosmidou & Fotios Pasiouras & Angelos Tsaklanganos, 2005. "Factors influencing the profits and size of Greek banks operating abroad: a pooled time-series study," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(10), pages 731-738.
- Bouquet, Cyril & Hebert, Louis & Delios, Andrew, 2004. "Foreign expansion in service industries: Separability and human capital intensity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 35-46, January.
- Buch, Claudia M., 1999. "Why Do Banks Go Abroad? - Evidence from German Data," Kiel Working Papers 948, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Fung, Justin G. & Bain, Elisa A. & Onto, John G. & Harper, Ian R., 2002. "A decade of internationalization: the experience of an Australian retail bank," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 12(4-5), pages 399-417.
- Wright, April, 2002. "The impact of competition on the operations of foreign banks in Australia in the post-deregulation period," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 12(4-5), pages 359-375.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:jintbs:v:17:y:1986:i:3:p:59-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.