On the investment–uncertainty relationship in a real option model with stochastic volatility
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Patel, Kanak & Sing, Tien Foo, 2000. "Implied Volatility in the U.K. Commercial Property Market: Empirical Evidence Based on Transaction Data," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 5-24, January.
- Almut Veraart & Luitgard Veraart, 2012. "Stochastic volatility and stochastic leverage," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 205-233, May.
- Wong, Kit Pong, 2007. "The effect of uncertainty on investment timing in a real options model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 2152-2167, July.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1998. "Numerical Methods in Economics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262100711, September.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1988.
"Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice, and the Value of the Firm,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 969-985, December.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1986. "Irreversible investment, capacity choice, and the value of the firm," Working papers 1802-86., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1986. "Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice and the Value of the Firm," Foerder Institute for Economic Research Working Papers 275412, Tel-Aviv University > Foerder Institute for Economic Research.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1986. "Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice, and the Value of the Firm," NBER Working Papers 1980, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sarkar, Sudipto, 2000. "On the investment-uncertainty relationship in a real options model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 219-225, February.
- Craine, Roger, 1989. "Risky business : The allocation of capital," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 201-218, March.
- Caballero, Ricardo J, 1991. "On the Sign of the Investment-Uncertainty Relationship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 279-288, March.
- Gutierrez, Oscar, 2007. "Devaluating projects and the investment-uncertainty relationship," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3881-3888, December.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-343.
- Thijssen, Jacco J.J., 2010. "Preemption in a real option game with a first mover advantage and player-specific uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 145(6), pages 2448-2462, November.
- Hartman, Richard, 1972. "The effects of price and cost uncertainty on investment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 258-266, October.
- Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1997. "The Stochastic Behavior of Commodity Prices: Implications for Valuation and Hedging," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(3), pages 923-973, July.
- Ewald, Christian-Oliver & Wang, Wen-Kai, 2010. "Irreversible investment with Cox-Ingersoll-Ross type mean reversion," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 314-318, May.
- Shaun A. Bond & Soosung Hwang, 2003. "A Measure of Fundamental Volatility in the Commercial Property Market," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 31(4), pages 577-600, December.
- Carr, Peter & Ewald, Christian-Oliver & Xiao, Yajun, 2008. "On the qualitative effect of volatility and duration on prices of Asian options," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 162-171, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Min-Ku Lee, 2019. "Pricing Perpetual American Lookback Options Under Stochastic Volatility," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 53(3), pages 1265-1277, March.
- Kim, Jeong-Hoon & Lee, Min-Ku & Sohn, So Young, 2014. "Investment timing under hybrid stochastic and local volatility," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 58-72.
- Huang, Bing & Cao, Jiling & Chung, Hyuck, 2013. "Strategic real options with stochastic volatility in a duopoly model," MPRA Paper 45731, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Huang, Bing & Cao, Jiling & Chung, Hyuck, 2014. "Strategic real options with stochastic volatility in a duopoly model," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 40-51.
- Chen, Jilong & Ewald, Christian-Oliver, 2017. "Pricing commodity futures options in the Schwartz multi factor model with stochastic volatility: An asymptotic method," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 144-151.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:matsoc:v:66:y:2013:i:1:p:22-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505565 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.