Pricing commodity futures options in the Schwartz multi factor model with stochastic volatility: An asymptotic method
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anders B. Trolle & Eduardo S. Schwartz, 2009. "Unspanned Stochastic Volatility and the Pricing of Commodity Derivatives," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(11), pages 4423-4461, November.
- Carl Chiarella & Boda Kang & Christina Sklibosios Nikitopoulos & Thuy‐Duong Tô, 2016.
"The Return–Volatility Relation in Commodity Futures Markets,"
Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 36(2), pages 127-152, February.
- Carl Chiarella & Boda Kang & Christina Sklibosios Nikitopoulos & Thuy-Duong To, 2013. "The Return-Volatility Relation in Commodity Futures Markets," Research Paper Series 336, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Ankush Agarwal & Sandeep Juneja & Ronnie Sircar, 2016. "American options under stochastic volatility: control variates, maturity randomization & multiscale asymptotics," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 17-30, January.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Zaevski, Tsvetelin S. & Kim, Young Shin & Fabozzi, Frank J., 2014. "Option pricing under stochastic volatility and tempered stable Lévy jumps," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 101-108.
- Ting, Sai Hung Marten & Ewald, Christian-Oliver & Wang, Wen-Kai, 2013. "On the investment–uncertainty relationship in a real option model with stochastic volatility," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 22-32.
- Rauch, Johannes & Krayzler, Mikhail & Brunner, Bernhard & Zagst, Rudi, 2013. "Pricing of derivatives on commodity indices," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 143-151.
- Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1997. "The Stochastic Behavior of Commodity Prices: Implications for Valuation and Hedging," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(3), pages 923-973, July.
- Sai Hung Marten Ting & Christian-Oliver Ewald, 2013. "On the performance of asymptotic locally risk minimising hedges in the Heston stochastic volatility model," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(6), pages 939-954, May.
- Gibson, Rajna & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1990. "Stochastic Convenience Yield and the Pricing of Oil Contingent Claims," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(3), pages 959-976, July.
- Miltersen, Kristian R. & Schwartz, Eduardo S., 1998. "Pricing of Options on Commodity Futures with Stochastic Term Structures of Convenience Yields and Interest Rates," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(1), pages 33-59, March.
- Hilliard, Jimmy E. & Reis, Jorge, 1998. "Valuation of Commodity Futures and Options under Stochastic Convenience Yields, Interest Rates, and Jump Diffusions in the Spot," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(1), pages 61-86, March.
- Cassese, Gianluca & Guidolin, Massimo, 2006. "Modelling the implied volatility surface: Does market efficiency matter?: An application to MIB30 index options," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-178.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian-Oliver Ewald & Aihua Zhang & Zhe Zong, 2019. "On the calibration of the Schwartz two-factor model to WTI crude oil options and the extended Kalman Filter," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 282(1), pages 119-130, November.
More about this item
KeywordsCommodities; Derivatives; Stochastic volatility; Stochastic convenience yield;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:144-151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.