Purification of Bayesian-Nash equilibria in large games with compact type and action spaces
We present a purification result for incomplete information games with a large but finite number of players that allows compact metric spaces for both actions and types. We then compare our framework and findings to the early purification theorems of Rashid (1983. Equilibrium points of non-atomic games: asymptotic results. Economics Letters 12, 7-10), Cartwright and Wooders (2002 On equilibrium in pure strategies in games with many players. University of Warwick Working Paper 686 (revised 2005)), Kalai (2004. Large robust games. Econometrica 72, 1631-1665) and Wooders, Cartwright and Selten (2006. Behavioral conformity in games with many players. Games and Economic Behavior 57, 347-360). Our proofs are elementary and rely on the Shapley-Folkman theorem.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Myrna Wooders & Edward Cartwright & Reinhard Selten, 2005.
"Behavioral Conformity in Games with Many Players,"
Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers
0513, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Ehud Kalai, 2002.
"Large Robust Games,"
1350, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Carmona, Guilherme, 2003.
"On the Purification of Nash Equilibria of Large Games,"
FEUNL Working Paper Series
wp436, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Carmona, Guilherme, 2004. "On the purification of Nash equilibria of large games," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 215-219, November.
- Guilherme Carmona, 2003. "On the Purification of Nash Equilibria of Large Games," Game Theory and Information 0311007, EconWPA.
- Starr, Ross M, 1969. "Quasi-Equilibria in Markets with Non-Convex Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(1), pages 25-38, January.
- Cartwright, Edward & Wooders, Myrna, 2004.
"On Purification Of Equilibrium In Bayesian Games And Ex-Post Nash Equilibrium,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
701, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Edward Cartwright & Myrna Wooders, 2009. "On purification of equilibrium in Bayesian games and expost Nash equilibrium," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 38(1), pages 127-136, March.
- Edward Cartwright & Myrna Wooders, 2005. "On Purification of Equilibrium in Bayesian Games and Ex-Post Nash Equilibrium," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0512, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Rashid, Salim, 1983. "Equilibrium points of non-atomic games : Asymptotic results," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 7-10.
- P. D., 1988. "Introduction," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 10(4), pages 527, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:44:y:2008:i:12:p:1302-1311. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.