Purification of Bayesian-Nash equilibria in large games with compact type and action spaces
We present a purification result for incomplete information games with a large but finite number of players that allows compact metric spaces for both actions and types. We then compare our framework and findings to the early purification theorems of Rashid (1983. Equilibrium points of non-atomic games: asymptotic results. Economics Letters 12, 7-10), Cartwright and Wooders (2002 On equilibrium in pure strategies in games with many players. University of Warwick Working Paper 686 (revised 2005)), Kalai (2004. Large robust games. Econometrica 72, 1631-1665) and Wooders, Cartwright and Selten (2006. Behavioral conformity in games with many players. Games and Economic Behavior 57, 347-360). Our proofs are elementary and rely on the Shapley-Folkman theorem.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cartwright, Edward & Wooders, Myrna, 2004.
"On Purification Of Equilibrium In Bayesian Games And Ex-Post Nash Equilibrium,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
701, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Edward Cartwright & Myrna Wooders, 2009. "On purification of equilibrium in Bayesian games and expost Nash equilibrium," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 127-136, March.
- Edward Cartwright & Myrna Wooders, 2005. "On Purification of Equilibrium in Bayesian Games and Ex-Post Nash Equilibrium," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0512, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Wooders, Myrna & Cartwright, Edward & Selten, Reinhard, 2006.
"Behavioral conformity in games with many players,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 347-360, November.
- Myrna Wooders & Edward Cartwright & Reinhard Selten, 2005. "Behavioral Conformity in Games with Many Players," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0513, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Carmona, Guilherme, 2004.
"On the purification of Nash equilibria of large games,"
Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 215-219, November.
- Guilherme Carmona, 2003. "On the Purification of Nash Equilibria of Large Games," Game Theory and Information 0311007, EconWPA.
- Carmona, Guilherme, 2003. "On the Purification of Nash Equilibria of Large Games," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp436, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Ehud Kalai, 2004.
"Large Robust Games,"
Econometric Society, vol. 72(6), pages 1631-1665, November.
- Starr, Ross M, 1969. "Quasi-Equilibria in Markets with Non-Convex Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(1), pages 25-38, January.
- P. D., 1988. "Introduction," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 10(4), pages 527, July.
- Rashid, Salim, 1983. "Equilibrium points of non-atomic games : Asymptotic results," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 7-10.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:44:y:2008:i:12:p:1302-1311. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.