On purification of equilibrium in Bayesian games and expost Nash equilibrium
Kalai (2002) demonstrates that in semi anonymous Bayesian games with sufficiently many players any Bayesian equilibrium is approximately ex-post Nash. In this paper we demonstrate that the existence of an approximate expost Nash property implies a purification result of the standard sort for the original Bayesian game. We also provide an example showing that the bound we obtain on the distance of a purified approximate equilibrium from an exact equilibrium is tight.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 38 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/182/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1984. "On a theorem of Schmeidler," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 201-206, December.
- Edward Cartwright & Myrna Wooders, 2005.
"On Equilibrium in Pure Strategies in Games with Many Players,"
Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers
0511, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Edward Cartwright & Myrna Wooders, 2009. "On equilibrium in pure strategies in games with many players," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 38(1), pages 137-153, March.
- Edward Cartwright & Myrna Wooders, 2003. "On Equilibrium in Pure Strategies in Games with Many Players," Working Papers 2003.122, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Cartwright, Edward & Wooders, Myrna, 2003. "On Equilibrium in Pure Stategies in Games with Many Players," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 686, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Ehud Kalai, 2004.
"Large Robust Games,"
Econometric Society, vol. 72(6), pages 1631-1665, November.
- Mario Rui Pascoa, 1998. "Nash equilibrium and the law of large numbers," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 27(1), pages 83-92.
- Richard McLean & Andrew Postlewaite, .
"Informational Size and Incentive Compatibility,"
Penn CARESS Working Papers
7f6ff09d59945e06909ce4fa4, Penn Economics Department.
- Cremer, Jacques & McLean, Richard P, 1985. "Optimal Selling Strategies under Uncertainty for a Discriminating Monopolist When Demands Are Interdependent," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 345-61, March.
- Rui Pascoa, Mario, 1993. "Approximate equilibrium in pure strategies for non-atomic games," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 223-241.
- Green, Jerry R & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1987. "Posterior Implementability in a Two-Person Decision Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 69-94, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jogath:v:38:y:2009:i:1:p:127-136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.