On the Existence of Pure Strategy Equilibria in Games with a Continuum of Players
We present results on the existence of pure strategy Nash equilbria in nonatomic games We also show by means of counterexamples that the stringent conditions on the cardinality of actions sets cannot be relaxed and thus resolve questions which have remained open since Schmeidler's 1973 paper
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masso, Jordi, 1993. "Undiscounted equilibrium payoffs of repeated games with a continuum of players," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 243-264.
- Jovanovic, Boyan & Rosenthal, Robert W., 1986.
"Anonymous Sequential Games,"
86-12, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Rath, Kali P, 1992. "A Direct Proof of the Existence of Pure Strategy Equilibria in Games with a Continuum of Players," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 2(3), pages 427-433, July.
- Peleg, Bezalel & Yaari, Menahem E, 1970. "Markets with Countably Many Commodities," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 11(3), pages 369-377, October.
- Rui Pascoa, Mario, 1993. "Approximate equilibrium in pure strategies for non-atomic games," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 223-241.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1984. "On a theorem of Schmeidler," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 201-206, December.
- Bewley, Truman F, 1973. "The Equality of the Core and the Set of Equilibria in Economies with Infinitely Many Commodities and a Continuum of Agents," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(2), pages 383-394, June.
- Constantinides, George M. & Rosenthal, Robert W., 1984. "Strategic analysis of the competitive exercise of certain financial options," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 128-138, February.
- Karni, Edi & Levin, Dan, 1994. "Social Attributes and Strategic Equilibrium: A Restaurant Pricing Game," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(4), pages 822-840, August.
- James Bergin & Dan Bernhardt, 1989.
"Anonymous Sequential Games with Aggregate Uncertainty,"
760, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Bergin, James & Bernhardt, Dan, 1992. "Anonymous sequential games with aggregate uncertainty," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 543-562.
- Rustichini, Aldo & Yannelis, Nicholas C., 1991. "Edgeworth's conjecture in economies with a continuum of agents and commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 307-326.
- Khan, M. Ali & Yeneng, Sun, 1995. "Pure strategies in games with private information," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 633-653.
- Rafael Rob, 1987. "Entry, Fixed Costs and the Aggregation of Private Information," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(4), pages 619-630.
- Dubey, Pradeep & Mas-Colell, Andreau & Shubik, Martin, 1980. "Efficiency properties of strategies market games: An axiomatic approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 339-362, April.
- Aumann, Robert J., 1976. "An elementary proof that integration preserves uppersemicontinuity," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 15-18, March.
- Pascoa Mario Rui, 1993. "Noncooperative Equilibrium and Chamberlinian Monopolistic Competition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 335-353, August.
- Rath, Kali P. & Yeneng Sun & Shinji Yamashige, 1995. "The nonexistence of symmetric equilibria in anonymous games with compact action spaces," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 331-346.
- Karni, Edi & Schmeidler, David, 1990. "Fixed Preferences and Changing Tastes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 262-267, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:76:y:1997:i:1:p:13-46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.