Hedging the exchange rate risk for international portfolios
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Donald Lien & Yiu Kuen Tse, 2000. "Hedging downside risk with futures contracts," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 163-170.
- Miljana Barjaktarović & Dusica Karic & Radoje Zecevic, 2011. "Currency Options in Function of Currency Risk Hedging and Speculating," Economic Analysis, Institute of Economic Sciences, vol. 44(1-2), pages 38-46.
- Emanuele Bajo & Massimiliano Barbi & Silvia Romagnoli, 2015. "A generalized approach to optimal hedging with option contracts," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(9), pages 714-733, July.
- Topaloglou, Nikolas & Vladimirou, Hercules & Zenios, Stavros A., 2011. "Optimizing international portfolios with options and forwards," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 3188-3201.
- Chou, Ray Yeutien & Liu, Nathan, 2010. "The economic value of volatility timing using a range-based volatility model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2288-2301, November.
- Jean-Claude Cosset & Jean-Marc Suret, 1995. "Political Risk and the Benefits of International Portfolio Diversification," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 26(2), pages 301-318, June.
- Yong Sakong & Dermot J. Hayes & Arne Hallam, 1993. "Hedging Production Risk With Options," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(2), pages 408-415.
- Chang, Chia-Lin & González-Serrano, Lydia & Jimenez-Martin, Juan-Angel, 2013.
"Currency hedging strategies using dynamic multivariate GARCH,"
Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 164-182.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Lydia González-Serrano & Juan-Ángel Jiménez-Martín, 2011. "Currency Hedging Strategies Using Dynamic Multivariate GARCH," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2011-33, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Lydia González-Serrano & Juan-Ángel Jiménez-Martín, 2012. "Currency Hedging Strategies Using Dynamic Multivariate GARCH," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2012-07, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico, revised Feb 2012.
- Wong, Kit Pong, 2002. "Production decisions in the presence of options: A note," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 17-25, April.
- Joseph Steinberg, 2018.
"International Portfolio Diversification and the Structure of Global Production,"
Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 29, pages 195-219, July.
- Joseph Steinberg, 2017. "Online Appendix to "International Portfolio Diversification and the Structure of Global Production"," Online Appendices 16-74, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Kumhof, Michael, 2018. "On the theory of international currency portfolios," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 376-396.
- Song Xi Chen, 2005. "Nonparametric Inference of Value-at-Risk for Dependent Financial Returns," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 3(2), pages 227-255.
- Battermann, Harald L. & Braulke, Michael & Broll, Udo & Schimmelpfennig, Jorg, 2000. "The preferred hedge instrument," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 85-91, January.
- Huang, Jen-Jsung & Lee, Kuo-Jung & Liang, Hueimei & Lin, Wei-Fu, 2009. "Estimating value at risk of portfolio by conditional copula-GARCH method," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 315-324, December.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
"On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Donald Lien & Yiu Kuen Tse, 1998. "Hedging time‐varying downside risk," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(6), pages 705-722, September.
- Bawa, Vijay S., 1975. "Optimal rules for ordering uncertain prospects," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 95-121, March.
- O. Scaillet, 2004. "Nonparametric Estimation and Sensitivity Analysis of Expected Shortfall," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 115-129, January.
- Jiang, Chonghui & Ma, Yongkai & An, Yunbi, 2013. "International portfolio selection with exchange rate risk: A behavioural portfolio theory perspective," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 648-659.
- Bawa, Vijay S., 1978. "Safety-First, Stochastic Dominance, and Optimal Portfolio Choice," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 255-271, June.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean‐Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228, July.
- Andreea Cristina BENDOVSCHI & Bogdan Stefan IONESCU & Iuliana Mariana IONESCU, 2017. "Statistical Investigation into Exploring the Use of Cloud Computing Technology by Increasing the Users’ Trust," ECONOMIC COMPUTATION AND ECONOMIC CYBERNETICS STUDIES AND RESEARCH, Faculty of Economic Cybernetics, Statistics and Informatics, vol. 51(1), pages 135-150.
- Chang, Eric C. & Wong, Kit Pong, 2003. "Cross-Hedging with Currency Options and Futures," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(3), pages 555-574, September.
- Stoyanov, Stoyan V. & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Racheva-Iotova, Boryana & Fabozzi, Frank J., 2011. "Fat-tailed models for risk estimation," Working Paper Series in Economics 30, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Management.
- Martha O'Hagan‐Luff & Jenny Berrill, 2019. "The international diversification benefits of U.S.‐traded equity products," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(3), pages 1238-1253, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- John Cotter & Jim Hanly, 2012.
"Hedging effectiveness under conditions of asymmetry,"
The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 135-147, February.
- Cotter, John & Hanly, James, 2007. "Hedging Effectiveness under Conditions of Asymmetry," MPRA Paper 3501, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Cotter & Jim Hanly, 2011. "Hedging Effectiveness under Conditions of Asymmetry," Papers 1103.5411, arXiv.org.
- John Cotter & Jim Hanly, 2011. "Hedging Effectiveness under Conditions of Asymmetry," Working Papers 200843, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Jui-Cheng Hung & Chien-Liang Chiu & Ming-Chih Lee, 2006. "Hedging with zero-value at risk hedge ratio," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 259-269.
- Ubukata, Masato, 2018. "Dynamic hedging performance and downside risk: Evidence from Nikkei index futures," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 270-281.
- Basu, Anup K. & Drew, Michael E., 2010.
"The appropriateness of default investment options in defined contribution plans: Australian evidence,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 290-305, June.
- Basu, Anup & Drew, Michael, 2006. "Appropriateness of Default Investment Options in Defined Contribution Plans: The Australian Evidence," MPRA Paper 3314, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Nov 2006.
- Anup K. Basu & Michael E. Drew, 2009. "The Appropriateness of Default Investment Options in Defined Contribution Plans: Australian Evidence," Discussion Papers in Finance finance:200903, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Huang, Jinbo & Ding, Ashley & Li, Yong & Lu, Dong, 2020. "Increasing the risk management effectiveness from higher accuracy: A novel non-parametric method," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 62(C).
- Banulescu, Georgiana-Denisa & Dumitrescu, Elena-Ivona, 2015.
"Which are the SIFIs? A Component Expected Shortfall approach to systemic risk,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 575-588.
- Georgiana-Denisa Banulescu & Elena Ivona Dumitrescu, 2015. "Which Are the SIFIs? A Component Expected Shortfall Approach to Systemic Risk," Post-Print hal-01385923, HAL.
- Schuhmacher, Frank & Auer, Benjamin R., 2014. "Sufficient conditions under which SSD- and MR-efficient sets are identical," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 239(3), pages 756-763.
- Christophe Hurlin & Sébastien Laurent & Rogier Quaedvlieg & Stephan Smeekes, 2017. "Risk Measure Inference," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 499-512, October.
- Bertsimas, Dimitris & Lauprete, Geoffrey J. & Samarov, Alexander, 2004. "Shortfall as a risk measure: properties, optimization and applications," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1353-1381, April.
- repec:wyi:journl:002095 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhongde Luo, 2020. "Nonparametric kernel estimation of CVaR under $$\alpha $$α-mixing sequences," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 61(2), pages 615-643, April.
- Kaplanski, Guy & Kroll, Yoram, 2002. "VaR Risk Measures versus Traditional Risk Measures: an Analysis and Survey," MPRA Paper 80070, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wang, Chuan-Sheng & Zhao, Zhibiao, 2016. "Conditional Value-at-Risk: Semiparametric estimation and inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 195(1), pages 86-103.
- Robert Jarrow & Feng Zhao, 2006. "Downside Loss Aversion and Portfolio Management," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(4), pages 558-566, April.
- So Yeon Chun & Alexander Shapiro & Stan Uryasev, 2012.
"Conditional Value-at-Risk and Average Value-at-Risk: Estimation and Asymptotics,"
Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 60(4), pages 739-756, August.
- Chun, So Yeon & Shapiro, Alexander & Uryasev, Stan, 2011. "Conditional Value-at-Risk and Average Value-at-Risk: Estimation and Asymptotics," MPRA Paper 30132, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cai, Zongwu & Wang, Xian, 2008. "Nonparametric estimation of conditional VaR and expected shortfall," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 120-130, November.
- Ruiz, Esther & Nieto, María Rosa, 2008. "Measuring financial risk : comparison of alternative procedures to estimate VaR and ES," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws087326, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Bajo, Emanuele & Barbi, Massimiliano & Romagnoli, Silvia, 2014. "Optimal corporate hedging using options with basis and production risk," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 56-71.
- Zongwu Cai & Xian Wang, 2013. "Nonparametric Methods for Estimating Conditional VaR and Expected Shortfall," Working Papers 2013-10-14, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- Monica Billio & Lorenzo Frattarolo & Loriana Pelizzon, 2016. "Hedge Fund Tail Risk: An investigation in stressed markets, extended version with appendix," Working Papers 2016:01, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Malavasi, Matteo & Ortobelli Lozza, Sergio & Trück, Stefan, 2021. "Second order of stochastic dominance efficiency vs mean variance efficiency," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 290(3), pages 1192-1206.
More about this item
KeywordsExchange rate risk; Hedging with currency options; Kernel density estimation; Differential evolution algorithm; International portfolios;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:matcom:v:173:y:2020:i:c:p:85-104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/mathematics-and-computers-in-simulation/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/mathematics-and-computers-in-simulation/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.