Estimating value at risk of portfolio by conditional copula-GARCH method
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1994.
"Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(3), pages 705-730, August.
- Hansen, B.E., 1992. "Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation," RCER Working Papers 322, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Hansen's GARCH models with time-varying t-densities," Statistical Software Components RTZ00086, Boston College Department of Economics.
- François Longin, 2001. "Extreme Correlation of International Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 649-676, April.
- Nelsen, Roger B., 1997. "Dependence and Order in Families of Archimedean Copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 111-122, January.
- Ang, Andrew & Chen, Joseph, 2002. "Asymmetric correlations of equity portfolios," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 443-494, March.
- Jondeau, Eric & Rockinger, Michael, 2006. "The Copula-GARCH model of conditional dependencies: An international stock market application," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 827-853, August.
- L. K. Hotta & E. C. Lucas & H. P Palaro, 2008. "Estimation of VaR Using Copula and Extreme Value Theory," Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 12(3-4), pages 205-218, September.
- Wei, Gang & Hu, Taizhong, 2002. "Supermodular dependence ordering on a class of multivariate copulas," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 375-385, May.
- Hurlimann, Werner, 2004. "Fitting bivariate cumulative returns with copulas," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 355-372, March.
- Vandenhende, François & Lambert, Philippe, 2003. "Improved rank-based dependence measures for categorical data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 157-163, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gijbels, Irène & Herrmann, Klaus, 2014. "On the distribution of sums of random variables with copula-induced dependence," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 27-44.
- Ales Kresta & Tomas Tichy, 2012. "International Equity Portfolio Risk Modeling: The Case of the NIG Model and Ordinary Copula Functions," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 62(2), pages 141-161, May.
- Swanepoel, J.W.H. & Allison, J.S., 2013. "Some new results on the empirical copula estimator with applications," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(7), pages 1731-1739.
- Zhang, Bangzheng & Wei, Yu & Yu, Jiang & Lai, Xiaodong & Peng, Zhenfeng, 2014. "Forecasting VaR and ES of stock index portfolio: A Vine copula method," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 416(C), pages 112-124.
- Han, Yingying & Gong, Pu & Zhou, Xiang, 2016. "Correlations and risk contagion between mixed assets and mixed-asset portfolio VaR measurements in a dynamic view: An application based on time varying copula models," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 444(C), pages 940-953.
- repec:eee:intfin:v:53:y:2018:i:c:p:263-286 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Hung-Hsi & Lin, Shin-Hung & Wang, Ching-Ping & Chiu, Chia-Yung, 2014. "Adjusting MV-efficient portfolio frontier bias for skewed and non-mesokurtic returns," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 59-83.
- Mirela NICHITA, 2015. "An Overview On State Of Knowledge Of Risk And Risk Management In Economics Fields," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 7, pages 423-430, April.
- Berger, Theo, 2016. "On the isolated impact of copulas on risk measurement: Asimulation study," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 475-481.
- Leh-Chyan So & Jun-Yang Yu, 2015. "IMPROVED DETECTION OF RARE-EVENT RISK OF A PORTFOLIO WITH U.S. REITs," Annals of Financial Economics (AFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(02), pages 1-25, December.
- Mawuli Segnon & Mark Trede, 2017. "Forecasting Market Risk of Portfolios: Copula-Markov Switching Multifractal Approach," CQE Working Papers 6617, Center for Quantitative Economics (CQE), University of Muenster.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:275-291 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhu, Hui-Ming & Li, Rong & Li, Sufang, 2014. "Modelling dynamic dependence between crude oil prices and Asia-Pacific stock market returns," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 208-223.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:53:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00181-016-1146-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muteba Mwamba, John & Mokwena, Paula, 2013. "International diversification and dependence structure of equity portfolios during market crashes: the Archimedean copula approach," MPRA Paper 64384, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:mulfin:v:42-43:y:2017:i::p:116-131 is not listed on IDEAS
- Berger, T. & Missong, M., 2014. "Financial crisis, Value-at-Risk forecasts and the puzzle of dependency modeling," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 33-38.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:45:y:2009:i:3:p:315-324. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.