Overcoming the lack of political will in small scale fisheries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edella Schlager & William Blomquist & Shui Yan Tang, 1994. "Mobile Flows, Storage, and Self-Organized Institutions for Governing Common-Pool Resources," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(3), pages 294-317.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:97:y:2003:i:01:p:75-90_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mauricio Cardenas, 2010. "State Capacity in Latin America," ECONOMIA JOURNAL, THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Spring 20), pages 1-45, January.
- Pomeroy, Robert & Thi Nguyen, Kim Anh & Thong, Ha Xuan, 2009. "Small-scale marine fisheries policy in Vietnam," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 419-428, March.
- Alex Braithwaite, 2010. "Resisting infection: How state capacity conditions conflict contagion," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 47(3), pages 311-319, May.
- Cullen S Hendrix, 2010. "Measuring state capacity: Theoretical and empirical implications for the study of civil conflict," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 47(3), pages 273-285, May.
- Pomeroy, Robert & Garces, Len & Pido, Michael & Silvestre, Geronimo, 2010. "Ecosystem-based fisheries management in small-scale tropical marine fisheries: Emerging models of governance arrangements in the Philippines," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 298-308, March.
- Hauck, Maria & Kroese, Marcel, 2006. "Fisheries compliance in South Africa: A decade of challenges and reform 1994-2004," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 74-83, January.
- Rafik Hirji & Richard Davis, 2009. "Environmental Flows in Water Resources Policies, Plans, and Projects : Findings and Recommendations," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2635, December.
- Bockstette, Valerie & Chanda, Areendam & Putterman, Louis, 2002.
"States and Markets: The Advantage of an Early Start,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 347-369, December.
- Louis Putterman & Valerie Bockstette, 2000. "States and Markets:the Advantage of an Early Start," Working Papers 2000-12, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Dinda, Soumyananda, 2004. "Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis: A Survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 431-455, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Herrera-Racionero, Paloma & Lizcano-Fernández, Emmánuel & Miret-Pastor, Lluís, 2015. "“Us” and “them”. Fishermen from Gandía and the loss of institutional legitimacy," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 130-136.
- Resnick, Danielle & Okumo, Austen, 2017. "Subnational Variation in Policy Implementation: The Case of Nigerian Land Governance Reform," Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Papers 265412, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics, Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security (FSP).
- Alabsi, Natheer & Komatsu, Teruhisa, 2014. "Characterization of fisheries management in Yemen: A case study of a developing country׳s management regime," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(PA), pages 89-95.
- Kumawat, Tarachand & Shenoy, Latha & Chakraborty, Sushant K. & Deshmukh, Vinay D. & Raje, Sadashiv G., 2015. "Compliance of bag net fishery of Maharashtra coast, India with Article 7 of the FAO Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 9-15.
More about this item
KeywordsPolitical will; Political capacity; Small scale fisheries; Governance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:44:y:2014:i:c:p:295-301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.