South African mining equipment and specialist services: Technological capacity, export performance and policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bresnahan, Timothy F. & Trajtenberg, M., 1995. "General purpose technologies 'Engines of growth'?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 83-108, January.
- Upstill, Garrett & Hall, Peter, 2006. "Innovation in the minerals industry: Australia in a global context," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 137-145, September.
- Walker, M.I. & Minnitt, R.C.A., 2006. "Understanding the dynamics and competitiveness of the South African minerals inputs cluster," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 12-26, March.
- Easterly, William & Reshef, Ariell & Schwenkenberg, Julia, 2009. "The power of exports," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5081, The World Bank.
- Lydall, Marian, 2009. "Backward linkage development in the South African PGM industry: A case study," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 112-120, September.
- Douglass C. North, 1955. "Location Theory and Regional Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 243-243.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicholas A. Phelps & Miguel Atienza & Martin Arias, 2015. "Encore for the Enclave: The Changing Nature of the Industry Enclave with Illustrations from the Mining Industry in Chile," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 91(2), pages 119-146, April.
- Judith Fessehaie & Zavareh Rustomjee & Lauralyn Kaziboni, 2016. "Mining-related national systems of innovation in southern Africa National trajectories and regional integration," WIDER Working Paper Series 084, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Berumen, Sergio A. & Pérez-Megino, Luis P., 2016. "Ranking Socioeconómico para el Desarrollo de las Regiones Carboníferas en Europa || Socioeconomic Ranking for the Development of coal-mining regions in Europe," Revista de Métodos Cuantitativos para la Economía y la Empresa = Journal of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, vol. 21(1), pages 39-57, June.
- Raphael Kaplinsky & Mike Morris, 2016. "Thinning and Thickening: Productive Sector Policies in The Era of Global Value Chains," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 28(4), pages 625-645, September.
- Iizuka, Michiko & Vargas, Fernando & Baumann, Jakob, 2017. "Financial mechanism to invest in knowledge from natural resource revenues: Experiences from Bolivia, Chile, Colombia and Peru," MERIT Working Papers 042, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- repec:eee:jrpoli:v:54:y:2017:i:c:p:167-175 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:worbus:v:53:y:2018:i:1:p:85-91 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kaplinsky, Raphael, 2015. "Technological upgrading in global value chains and clusters and their contribution to sustaining economic growth in low and middle income economies," MERIT Working Papers 027, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Figueiredo, Paulo N. & Piana, Janaina, 2016. "When “one thing (almost) leads to another”: A micro-level exploration of learning linkages in Brazil's mining industry," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 405-414.
- Macatangay, Rafael Emmanuel “Manny”, 2016. "Optimal local content requirement policies for extractive industries," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 244-252.
- BERUMEN, Sergio A. & LLAMAZARES-REDONDO, Francisco, 2014. "Economic Development and Viability Firms in European Mining Regions," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 14(1), pages 33-46.
- Kavilal, E.G. & Prasanna Venkatesan, S. & Harsh Kumar, K.D., 2017. "An integrated fuzzy approach for prioritizing supply chain complexity drivers of an Indian mining equipment manufacturer," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 204-218.
More about this item
KeywordsMining equipment specialist services; South Africa; Technological capacity; Export performance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:37:y:2012:i:4:p:425-433. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.