Mining-related national systems of innovation in southern Africa National trajectories and regional integration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Stijns, Jean-Philippe C., 2005.
"Natural resource abundance and economic growth revisited,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 107-130, June.
- Stijns, Jean-Philippe C., 2001. "Natural Resource Abundance And Economic Growth Revisited," Berkeley Economics Dissertations-in-Progress Series 25127, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Jean-Philippe Stijns, 2001. "Natural Resource Abundance And Economic Growth Revisited," Development and Comp Systems 0103001, EconWPA.
- Wright, Gavin, 1990. "The Origins of American Industrial Success, 1879-1940," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 651-668, September.
- Pack, Howard, 1993. "Productivity and industrial development in sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Terje Grønning & Svein Erik Moen & Dorothy Sutherland Olsen, 2008. "Low Innovation Intensity, High Growth and Specialized Trajectories: Norway," Chapters,in: Small Country Innovation Systems, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gavin Wright & Jesse Czelusta, 2004. "WHY ECONOMIES SLOW: The Myth of the Resource Curse," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(2), pages 6-38.
- Grossman, Gene M. & Helpman, Elhanan, 1991. "Trade, knowledge spillovers, and growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(2-3), pages 517-526, April.
- Bartos, Paul J., 2007. "Is mining a high-tech industry: Investigations into innovation and productivity advance," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 149-158, December.
- Pierre Bitard & Charles Edquist & Leif Hommen, 2008. "Reconsidering the Paradox of High R&D Input and Low Innovation: Sweden," Chapters,in: Small Country Innovation Systems, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Daniel Lederman & William F. Maloney, 2007. "Natural Resources : Neither Curse nor Destiny," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7183, April.
- Lall, Sanjaya & Teubal, Morris, 1998. ""Market-stimulating" technology policies in developing countries: A framework with examples from East Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1369-1385, August.
- David, Paul A & Wright, Gavin, 1997. "Increasing Returns and the Genesis of American Resource Abundance," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 203-245, March.
- repec:idb:brikps:59538 is not listed on IDEAS
- Freeman, Chris, 1995. "The 'National System of Innovation' in Historical Perspective," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 5-24, February.
- Lydall, Marian, 2009. "Backward linkage development in the South African PGM industry: A case study," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 112-120, September.
- Kaplan, David, 2012. "South African mining equipment and specialist services: Technological capacity, export performance and policy," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 425-433.
- Nelson, Richard R. & Winter, Sidney G., 1993. "In search of useful theory of innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 108-108, April.
- World Bank, 2011. "Fostering Technology Absorption in Southern African Enterprises," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2356, April.
- Pack, Howard & Westphal, Larry E., 1986. "Industrial strategy and technological change : Theory versus reality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 87-128, June.
- Lundvall, Bengt-Ake & Johnson, Bjorn & Andersen, Esben Sloth & Dalum, Bent, 2002. "National systems of production, innovation and competence building," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 213-231, February.
- Daniel Lederman & William F. Maloney, 2007.
"Natural Resources : Neither Curse nor Destiny,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 7183, September.
- Anthony J. Venables & William Maloney & Ari Kokko & Claudio Bravo Ortega & Daniel Lederman & Roberto Rigobón & José De Gregorio & Jesse Czelusta & Shamila A. Jayasuriya & Magnus Blomström & L. Colin X, 2007. "Natural Resources: Neither Curse nor Destiny," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 59538 edited by William Maloney & Daniel Lederman, February.
- Walker, M.I. & Minnitt, R.C.A., 2006. "Understanding the dynamics and competitiveness of the South African minerals inputs cluster," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 12-26, March.
- Fessehaie, Judith, 2012. "What determines the breadth and depth of Zambia's backward linkages to copper mining? The role of public policy and value chain dynamics," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 443-451. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
More about this item
Keywordsnational system of innovation; linkage development; human capital and industrialization; southern Africa; resource-based industrialization; Southern African Development Community;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2016-07-16 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2016-07-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2016-07-16 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-GER-2016-07-16 (German Papers)
- NEP-INO-2016-07-16 (Innovation)
- NEP-SBM-2016-07-16 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2016-084. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .