Mining investment and regional development: A scenario-based assessment for Northern Sweden
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Clements, Kenneth W. & Ahammad, Helal & Qiang, Ye, 1996. "New mining and mineral-processing projects in Western Australia: Effects of employment and the macro-economy," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 293-346, December.
- Humphreys, David, 2000. "A business perspective on community relations in mining," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 127-131, September.
- Olle Westerlund, 1998. "Internal Migration in Sweden: The Effects of Mobility Grants and Regional Labour Market Conditions," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 12(2), pages 363-388, July.
- Aroca, Patricio, 2001. "Impacts and development in local economies based on mining: : the case of the Chilean II region," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 119-134, June.
- Ye, Qiang, 2008. "Commodity booms and their impacts on the Western Australian economy: The iron ore case," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 83-101, June.
- Gary McMahon & Felix Remy, 2001. "Large Mines and the Community : Socioeconomic and Environmental Effects in Latin America, Canada and Spain," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15247.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Söderholm, Patrik & Svahn, Nanna, 2015. "Mining, regional development and benefit-sharing in developed countries," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 78-91.
- Windle, Jill & Rolfe, John, 2013. "Using discrete choice experiments to assess the preferences of new mining workforce to commute or relocate to the Surat Basin in Australia," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 169-180.
- Tano, Sofia & Pettersson, Örjan & Stjernström, Olof, 2016. "Labour income effects of the recent “mining boom” in northern Sweden," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 31-40.
- repec:spr:minecn:v:30:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s13563-017-0103-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Qi, Tianyu & Zhou, Li & Zhang, Xiliang & Ren, Xiangkun, 2012. "Regional economic output and employment impact of coal-to-liquids (CTL) industry in China: An input–output analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 259-263.
- Fleming, David A. & Measham, Thomas G., 2014. "Local job multipliers of mining," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 9-15.
- Törmä, Hannu & Kujala, Susanna & Kinnunen, Jouko, 2015. "The employment and population impacts of the boom and bust of Talvivaara mine in the context of severe environmental accidents – A CGE evaluation," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(P2), pages 127-138.
- Ejdemo, Thomas & Söderholm, Patrik, 2015. "Wind power, regional development and benefit-sharing: The case of Northern Sweden," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 476-485.
More about this item
KeywordsMining investment Regional development Input-output modelling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:36:y:2011:i:1:p:14-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467 .