Labour income effects of the recent “mining boom” in northern Sweden
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Keith Storey, 2010. "Fly-in/Fly-out: Implications for Community Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(5), pages 1-21, April.
- A. Smith, Jeffrey & E. Todd, Petra, 2005.
"Does matching overcome LaLonde's critique of nonexperimental estimators?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 125(1-2), pages 305-353.
- Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 2003. "Does Matching Overcome Lalonde's Critique of Nonexperimental Estimators?," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20035, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Ejdemo, Thomas & Söderholm, Patrik, 2011. "Mining investment and regional development: A scenario-based assessment for Northern Sweden," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 14-21, March.
- John B. Parr, 1999. "Growth-pole Strategies in Regional Economic Planning: A Retrospective View," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 36(7), pages 1195-1215, June.
- Humphreys, David, 2010. "The great metals boom: A retrospective," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Auty, Richard M., 2001. "The political economy of resource-driven growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 839-846, May.
- Rossen, Anja, 2015.
"What are metal prices like? Co-movement, price cycles and long-run trends,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 255-276.
- Rossen, Anja, 2014. "What are metal prices like? Co-movement, price cycles and long-run trends," HWWI Research Papers 155, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Fleming, David A. & Measham, Thomas G., 2014. "Local job multipliers of mining," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 9-15.
- Heckman, James J. & Lalonde, Robert J. & Smith, Jeffrey A., 1999. "The economics and econometrics of active labor market programs," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 31, pages 1865-2097 Elsevier.
- Corden, W Max & Neary, J Peter, 1982. "Booming Sector and De-Industrialisation in a Small Open Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 825-848, December.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Mare, David C, 2001. "Cities and Skills," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 316-342, April.
- Douglass C. North, 1955. "Location Theory and Regional Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 243-243.
- Radetzki, Marian & Eggert, Roderick G. & Lagos, Gustavo & Lima, Marcos & Tilton, John E., 2008. "The boom in mineral markets: How long might it last?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 125-128, September.
- John B. Parr, 1999. "Growth-pole Strategies in Regional Economic Planning: A Retrospective View," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 36(8), pages 1247-1268, July.
- Humphreys, David, 2009. "Comment: Unravelling the causes of the mineral price boom," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 103-104, September.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D. & Warner, Andrew M., 2001. "The curse of natural resources," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 827-838, May.
- Andrew F. Reeson & Thomas G. Measham & Karin Hosking, 2012.
"Mining activity, income inequality and gender in regional Australia,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(2), pages 302-313, April.
- Reeson, Andrew & Measham, Thomas G. & Hosking, Karin, 2012. "Mining activity, income inequality and gender in regional Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(2), pages 1-12.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:nea:journl:y:2017:i:35:p:103-124 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:minecn:v:30:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s13563-017-0103-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jlands:v:7:y:2018:i:4:p:151-:d:187994 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsMining; Income effects; Propensity score matching estimator (PSM); Sweden;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:49:y:2016:i:c:p:31-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.