Structural reforms and banking efficiency in the new EU States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefania P.S. Rossi & Markus Schwaiger & Gerhard Winkler, 2004. "Banking Efficiency in Central and Eastern Europe," Financial Stability Report, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 8, pages 77-91.
- Egert, Balazs & Crespo-Cuaresma, Jesus & Reininger, Thomas, 2007.
"Interest rate pass-through in central and Eastern Europe: Reborn from ashes merely to pass away?,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 209-225.
- Jesus Crespo Cuaresma & Balázs Égert & Thomas Reininger, 2006. "Interest Rate Pass-Through in Central and Eastern Europe: Reborn from Ashes Merely to Pass Away?," Focus on European Economic Integration, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 1, pages 88-111.
- Bal??zs ??gert & Jesus Crespo-Cuaresma & Thomas Reininger, 2006. "Interest Rate Pass-Through in Central and Eastern Europe: Reborn from Ashes Merely to Pass Away?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp851, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Berger, Allen N. & Mester, Loretta J., 1997.
"Inside the black box: What explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 895-947, July.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Working Papers 97-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the Black Box: What Explains Differences in the Efficiencies of Financial Institutions?," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-04, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Shen, Chung-Hua & Huang, Ai-Hua, 2003. "Are performances of banks and firms linked? And if so, why?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 397-414, June.
- Drakos, Kostas, 2003. "Assessing the success of reform in transition banking 10 years later: an interest margins analysis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 309-317, April.
- Hung-jen Wang & Peter Schmidt, 2002.
"One-Step and Two-Step Estimation of the Effects of Exogenous Variables on Technical Efficiency Levels,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 129-144, September.
- Wang, Hung-jen & Schmidt, Peter, 2001. "One-step and two-step estimation of the effects of exogenous variables on technical efficiency levels," MPRA Paper 31075, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2002.
- David A Grigorian & Vlad Manole, 2006.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Performance in Transition: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 48(3), pages 497-522, September.
- Grigorian, David A. & Manole, Vlad, 2002. "Determinants of commercial bank performance in transition - an application of data envelopment analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2850, The World Bank.
- David A. Grigorian & Vlad Manole, 2002. "Determinants of Commercial Bank Performance in Transition; An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis," IMF Working Papers 02/146, International Monetary Fund.
- Fries, Steven & Taci, Anita, 2005. "Cost efficiency of banks in transition: Evidence from 289 banks in 15 post-communist countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 55-81, January.
- Christopoulos, Dimitris K. & Lolos, Sarantis E. G. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2002. "Efficiency of the Greek banking system in view of the EMU: a heteroscedastic stochastic frontier approach," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 813-829, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Samir Srairi, 2010. "Cost and profit efficiency of conventional and Islamic banks in GCC countries," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 45-62, August.
- Dong Xiang & Abul Shamsuddin & Andrew Worthington, 2015. "The differing efficiency experiences of banks leading up to the global financial crisis: A comparative empirical analysis from Australia, Canada and the UK," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 39(2), pages 327-346, April.
- Siriopoulos, Costas & Tziogkidis, Panagiotis, 2010. "How do Greek banking institutions react after significant events?--A DEA approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 294-308, October.
- repec:col:000442:015646 is not listed on IDEAS
- Psillaki, Maria & Mamatzakis, Emmanuel, 2017. "What drives bank performance in transitions economies? The impact of reforms and regulations," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 578-594.
- Zuzana Irsova & Tomas Havranek, 2011.
"Bank Efficiency in Transitional Countries: Sensitivity to Stochastic Frontier Design,"
Transition Studies Review,
Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 18(2), pages 230-270, December.
- Zuzana Irsova, 2010. "Bank Efficiency in Transitional Countries: Sensitivity to Stochastic Frontier Design," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp998, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Zuzana Iršová, 2010. "Bank Efficiency in Transitional Countries: Sensitivity to Stochastic Frontier Design," Working Papers IES 2010/13, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jul 2010.
- repec:eee:jpolmo:v:40:y:2018:i:5:p:934-958 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mihăiță-Cosmin M. POPOVICI, 2014. "Impact Of Financial Crisis On Banking Efficiency: Evidence From Romania," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 3, pages 451-456, April.
- Hsin-Yu Liang, 2015. "Empirical Evidence on Firm-Bank Relationships in the G-8 Countries," The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 9(1), pages 73-87.
- Asma Mghaieth & Imen Khanchel El Mehdi, 2014. "The determinants of cost/profit efficiency of Islamic banks before, during and after the crisis of 2007," Working Papers 2014-107, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Ramcharran, Harri, 2011. "The pharmaceutical industry of Puerto Rico: Ramifications of global competition," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 395-406, May.
- Dong Xiang & Abul Shamsuddin & Andrew C Worthington, 2011. "A comparative technical, cost and profit efficiency analysis of Australian, Canadian and UK banks: Feasible efficiency improvements in the context of controllable and uncontrollable factors," Discussion Papers in Finance finance:201119, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Huang, Tai-Hsin & Chiang, Dien-Lin & Lin, Chung-I, 2017. "A new approach to estimating a profit frontier using the censored stochastic frontier model," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 68-77.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:7:p:2237-:d:155173 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:212-226 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsStructural reforms Alternative profit inefficiency New EU countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:31:y:2009:i:1:p:17-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.