Relational stability and alliance performance in supply chain
Drawing on the theories of social exchange and goal interdependence, this paper examines the antecedents of relational stability in supply chain alliances and if the stability affects alliance performance in supply chain in the context of manufacturing firms. The results show that both relational commitment and trust of supplier have positive effects on relational stability in supply chain alliance, which in turn positively affects the alliance performance. These results have important implications for researchers investigating the effectiveness of supply chain alliances as well as practitioners seeking to improve alliance performance in supply chain.
Volume (Year): 36 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Feldmann, Martin & Müller, Stephanie, 2003. "An incentive scheme for true information providing in Supply Chains," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 63-73, April.
- Lai, Kee-hung & Cheng, T.C.E. & Yeung, A.C.L., 2005. "Relationship stability and supplier commitment to quality," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 397-410, June.
- Lai, Kee-hung, 2004. "Service capability and performance of logistics service providers," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 385-399, September.
- Grenadier, Steven R. & Weiss, Allen M., 1997. "Investment in technological innovations: An option pricing approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 397-416, June.
- Erin Anderson & Barton Weitz, 1989. "Determinants of Continuity in Conventional Industrial Channel Dyads," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(4), pages 310-323.
- Schurr, Paul H & Ozanne, Julie L, 1985. " Influence on Exchange Processes: Buyers' Preconceptions of a Seller's Trustworthiness and Bargaining Toughness," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 939-953, March.
- Roth, Aleda V. & Miller, Jeffrey G., 1992. "Success factors in manufacturing," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 73-81.
- Narasimhan, Ram & Nair, Anand, 2005. "The antecedent role of quality, information sharing and supply chain proximity on strategic alliance formation and performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 301-313, June.
- Li, Suhong & Ragu-Nathan, Bhanu & Ragu-Nathan, T.S. & Subba Rao, S., 2006. "The impact of supply chain management practices on competitive advantage and organizational performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 107-124, April.
- Fiala, P., 2005. "Information sharing in supply chains," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 419-423, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:36:y:2008:i:4:p:600-608. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.