When apologies work: How matching apology components to victims' self-construals facilitates forgiveness
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Holmvall, Camilla M. & Bobocel, D. Ramona, 2008. "What fair procedures say about me: Self-construals and reactions to procedural fairness," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 147-168, March.
- Tripp, Thomas M. & Bies, Robert J. & Aquino, Karl, 2002. "Poetic justice or petty jealousy? The aesthetics of revenge," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 966-984, September.
- Johnson, Russell E. & Selenta, Christopher & Lord, Robert G., 2006. "When organizational justice and the self-concept meet: Consequences for the organization and its members," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 175-201, March.
- Peterson, Randall S. & Behfar, Kristin Jackson, 2003. "The dynamic relationship between performance feedback, trust, and conflict in groups: A longitudinal study," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 92(1-2), pages 102-112.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- ten Brinke, Leanne & Adams, Gabrielle S., 2015. "Saving face? When emotion displays during public apologies mitigate damage to organizational performance," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 1-12.
- Pollack, Jeffrey M. & Bosse, Douglas A., 2014. "When do investors forgive entrepreneurs for lying?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 741-754.
More about this item
KeywordsApology Self-construal Forgiveness Social accounts;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:113:y:2010:i:1:p:37-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.