One person in the battlefield is not a warrior: Self-construal, perceived ability to make a difference, and socially responsible behavior
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Irina Cojuharenco & Gert Cornelissen & Natalia Karelaia, 2011. "One Person in the Battlefield is not a warrior: Self-Construal, Perceived Ability to Make a Difference, and Socially Responsible Behavior," Working Papers 589, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Webster, Frederick E, Jr, 1975. " Determining the Characteristics of the Socially Conscious Consumer," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(3), pages 188-196, December.
- I. Vermeir & W. Verbeke, 2004. "Sustainable Food Consumption: Exploring The Consumer Attitude – Behaviour Gap," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/268, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Noah J. Goldstein & Robert B. Cialdini & Vladas Griskevicius, 2008. "A Room with a Viewpoint: Using Social Norms to Motivate Environmental Conservation in Hotels," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(3), pages 472-482, March.
- Webb, Deborah J. & Mohr, Lois A. & Harris, Katherine E., 2008. "A re-examination of socially responsible consumption and its measurement," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 91-98, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Natalia Karelaia & Laura Guillén, 2011. "Identity challenges of women leaders: Antecedents and consequences of identity interference," ESMT Research Working Papers ESMT-11-13, ESMT European School of Management and Technology.
More about this item
Keywordsself-construal; interdependent self; independent self; socially responsible behavior; perceived effectiveness;
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2012-06-13 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2012-06-13 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2012-06-13 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-HPE-2012-06-13 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:1292. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .