Expectation confirmation: An examination of three competing models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edwards, Jeffrey R. & Rothbard, Nancy P., 1999. "Work and Family Stress and Well-Being: An Examination of Person-Environment Fit in the Work and Family Domains," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 85-129, February.
- Edwards, Jeffrey R., 1994. "The Study of Congruence in Organizational Behavior Research: Critique and a Proposed Alternative," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 51-100, April.
- Alain Pinsonneault & Kenneth L. Kraemer, 1997. "Middle Management Downsizing: An Empirical Investigation of the Impact of Information Technology," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(5), pages 659-679, May.
- Fred D. Davis & Richard P. Bagozzi & Paul R. Warshaw, 1989. "User Acceptance of Computer Technology: A Comparison of Two Theoretical Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(8), pages 982-1003, August.
- Nancy Paule Melone, 1990. "A Theoretical Assessment of the User-Satisfaction Construct in Information Systems Research," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(1), pages 76-91, January.
- James E. Bailey & Sammy W. Pearson, 1983. "Development of a Tool for Measuring and Analyzing Computer User Satisfaction," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(5), pages 530-545, May.
- Michael J. Ginzberg, 1981. "Early Diagnosis of MIS Implementation Failure: Promising Results and Unanswered Questions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 459-478, April.
- Edwards, Jeffrey R., 1995. "Alternatives to Difference Scores as Dependent Variables in the Study of Congruence in Organizational Research," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 307-324, December.
- Viswanath Venkatesh & Fred D. Davis, 2000. "A Theoretical Extension of the Technology Acceptance Model: Four Longitudinal Field Studies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(2), pages 186-204, February.
- Peter, J Paul & Churchill, Gilbert A, Jr & Brown, Tom J, 1993. "Caution in the Use of Difference Scores in Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 655-662, March.
- Christensen-Szalanski, Jay J. J. & Willham, Cynthia Fobian, 1991. "The hindsight bias: A meta-analysis," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 147-168, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nancy K. Lankton & D. Harrison McKnight & Ryan T. Wright & Jason Bennett Thatcher, 2016. "Research Note—Using Expectation Disconfirmation Theory and Polynomial Modeling to Understand Trust in Technology," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 197-213, March.
- Önkal, Dilek & Sinan Gönül, M. & Goodwin, Paul & Thomson, Mary & Öz, Esra, 2017. "Evaluating expert advice in forecasting: Users’ reactions to presumed vs. experienced credibility," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 280-297.
- Houston, Lawrence & Grandey, Alicia A. & Sawyer, Katina, 2018. "Who cares if “service with a smile” is authentic? An expectancy-based model of customer race and differential service reactions," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 85-96.
- Viswanath Venkatesh & James Y. L. Thong & Frank K. Y. Chan & Paul J. H. Hu, 2016. "Managing Citizens’ Uncertainty in E-Government Services: The Mediating and Moderating Roles of Transparency and Trust," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 87-111, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rajiv D. Banker & Robert J. Kauffman, 2004. "50th Anniversary Article: The Evolution of Research on Information Systems: A Fiftieth-Year Survey of the Literature in Management Science," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(3), pages 281-298, March.
- Susan A. Brown & Viswanath Venkatesh & Sandeep Goyal, 2012. "Expectation Confirmation in Technology Use," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 23(2), pages 474-487, June.
- Gelderman, Maarten, 1997. "Task difficulty, task variability and satisfaction with management support systems: consequences and solutions ˜," Serie Research Memoranda 0053, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Nripendra P. Rana & Yogesh K. Dwivedi & Michael D. Williams & Vishanth Weerakkody, 2015. "Investigating success of an e-government initiative: Validation of an integrated IS success model," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 127-142, February.
- Muhammad Athar Nadeem & Zhiying Liu & Abdul Hameed Pitafi & Amna Younis & Yi Xu, 2021. "Investigating the Adoption Factors of Cryptocurrenciesâ€”A Case of Bitcoin: Empirical Evidence From China," SAGE Open, , vol. 11(1), pages 21582440219, March.
- Yu, Kang Yang Trevor, 2014. "Person–organization fit effects on organizational attraction: A test of an expectations-based model," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 75-94.
- Barbara H. Wixom & Peter A. Todd, 2005. "A Theoretical Integration of User Satisfaction and Technology Acceptance," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 16(1), pages 85-102, March.
- Vicki McKinney & Kanghyun Yoon & Fatemeh “Mariam” Zahedi, 2002. "The Measurement of Web-Customer Satisfaction: An Expectation and Disconfirmation Approach," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 296-315, September.
- Jahangir Karimi & Toni M. Somers & Yash P. Gupta, 2004. "Impact of Environmental Uncertainty and Task Characteristics on User Satisfaction with Data," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 15(2), pages 175-193, June.
- Au, Norman & Ngai, Eric W. T. & Cheng, T. C. Edwin, 2002. "A critical review of end-user information system satisfaction research and a new research framework," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 451-478, December.
- Sung S. Kim & Naresh K. Malhotra, 2005. "A Longitudinal Model of Continued IS Use: An Integrative View of Four Mechanisms Underlying Postadoption Phenomena," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(5), pages 741-755, May.
- Andrew Burton-Jones & Detmar W. Straub, 2006. "Reconceptualizing System Usage: An Approach and Empirical Test," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 17(3), pages 228-246, September.
- Zhen Wang & John Lim & Xiaojia Guo, 2010. "Negotiator Satisfaction in NSS-Facilitated Negotiation," Group Decision and Negotiation, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 279-300, May.
- Yajiong Xue & Huigang Liang & Liansheng Wu, 2011. "Punishment, Justice, and Compliance in Mandatory IT Settings," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 22(2), pages 400-414, June.
- Soud M. Almahamid & Amjad F. Tweiqat & Mousa S. Almanaseer, 2016. "University website quality characteristics and success: lecturers' perspective," International Journal of Business Information Systems, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 22(1), pages 41-61.
- Philippe Cohard, 2020. "Information Systems Values: A Study of the Intranet in Three French Higher Education Institutions," Post-Print hal-02987225, HAL.
- Melih Engin & Fatih Gürses, 2019. "Adoption of Hospital Information Systems in Public Hospitals in Turkey: An Analysis with the Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology Model," International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management (IJITM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 16(06), pages 1-19, October.
- Morosan, Cristian, 2016. "An empirical examination of U.S. travelersâ€™ intentions to use biometric e-gates in airports," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 120-128.
- Tsung Teng Chen, 2012. "The development and empirical study of a literature review aiding system," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 92(1), pages 105-116, July.
- Abdesamad Zouine & Pierre Fenies, 2014. "The Critical Success Factors Of The ERP System Project: A Meta-Analysis Methodology," Post-Print hal-01419785, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:105:y:2008:i:1:p:52-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.