Soft information and economic activity: Evidence from the Beige Book
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul C. Tetlock & Maytal Saar-Tsechansky & Sofus Macskassy, 2008. "More Than Words: Quantifying Language to Measure Firms' Fundamentals," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(3), pages 1437-1467, June.
- Balke, Nathan S & Petersen, D'Ann, 2002.
"How Well Does the Beige Book Reflect Economic Activity? Evaluating Qualitative Information Quantitatively,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(1), pages 114-136, February.
- Balke, Nathan S. & Petersen, D'Ann M., 1998. "How well does the Beige Book reflect economic activity? Evaluating qualitative information quantitatively," Working Papers 9802, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Harding, Don & Pagan, Adrian, 2002.
"Dissecting the cycle: a methodological investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 365-381, March.
- Don Harding & Adrian Pagan, 2000. "Disecting the Cycle: A Methodological Investigation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1164, Econometric Society.
- Refet S Gürkaynak & Brian Sack & Eric Swanson, 2005.
"Do Actions Speak Louder Than Words? The Response of Asset Prices to Monetary Policy Actions and Statements,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 1(1), May.
- Refet Gürkaynak & Brian P. Sack & Eric T. Swanson, 2004. "Do actions speak louder than words? the response of asset prices to monetary policy actions and statements," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-66, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Refet Gurkaynak & Brian Sack & Eric Swanson, 2005. "Do Actions Speak Louder than Words? The Response of Asset Prices to Monetary Policy Actions and Statements," Macroeconomics 0504013, EconWPA.
- Refet GÃ¼rkaynak & Brian Sack, 2005. "Do Actions Speak Louder Than Words?The Response of Asset Prices to Monetary Policy Actions and Statements," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 323, Society for Computational Economics.
- Gurkaynak, Refet S & Sack, Brian & Swanson, Eric T, 2005. "Do Actions Speak Louder Than Words? The Response of Asset Prices to Monetary Policy Actions and Statements," MPRA Paper 820, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mitchel Y. Abolafia (ed.), 2005. "Markets," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2788.
- Ronchetti, Elvezio, 1985. "Robust model selection in regression," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 21-23, February.
- Paul C. Tetlock, 2007. "Giving Content to Investor Sentiment: The Role of Media in the Stock Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(3), pages 1139-1168, June.
- Thomas Gilbert & Shimon Kogan & Lars Lochstoer & Ataman Ozyildirim, 2012.
"Investor Inattention and the Market Impact of Summary Statistics,"
INFORMS, vol. 58(2), pages 336-350, February.
- Thomas Gilbert & Shimon Kogan & Lars Lochstoer & Ataman Ozyildirim, 2007. "Investor Inattention and the Market Impact of Summary Statistics," GSIA Working Papers 2006-E24, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Mitchell, Mark L & Mulherin, J Harold, 1994. " The Impact of Public Information on the Stock Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(3), pages 923-950, July.
- Paul C. Tetlock, 2011. "All the News That's Fit to Reprint: Do Investors React to Stale Information?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(5), pages 1481-1512.
- Donna K. Ginther & Madeline Zavodny, 2001. "The Beige Book: Timely information on the regional economy," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q3, pages 19-29.
- Michelle T. Armesto & Rubén Hernández-Murillo & Michael T. Owyang & Jeremy Piger, 2009. "Measuring the Information Content of the Beige Book: A Mixed Data Sampling Approach," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(1), pages 35-55, February.
- Tim Loughran & Bill Mcdonald, 2011. "When Is a Liability Not a Liability? Textual Analysis, Dictionaries, and 10‐Ks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(1), pages 35-65, February.
- Madeline Zavodny & Donna K. Ginther, 2005. "Does the Beige Book Move Financial Markets?," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 138-151, July.
- James Doran & David Peterson & S. Price, 2012. "Earnings Conference Call Content and Stock Price: The Case of REITs," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 402-434, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:136-156 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsTextual analysis; Beige Book; General Inquirer; Forecasting; Economic fluctuations;
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- E27 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmacro:v:37:y:2013:i:c:p:81-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.