Specialized service offerings and patients' choice of hospital: The case of cardiac catheterization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ching-to Ma & James Burgess, 1993. "Quality competition, welfare, and regulation," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 58(2), pages 153-173, June.
- Burns, Lawton R. & Wholey, Douglas R., 1992. "The impact of physician characteristics in conditional choice models for hospital care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 43-62, May.
- David Dranove & Mark Shanley & Carol Simon, 1992. "Is Hospital Competition Wasteful?," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(2), pages 247-262, Summer.
- Acton, Jan Paul, 1975. "Nonmonetary Factors in the Demand for Medical Services: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(3), pages 595-614, June.
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984.
"Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-1240, September.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981. "Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model," Working papers 292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Dor, Avi & Gertler, Paul & van der Gaag, Jacques, 1987. "Non-price rationing and the choice of medical care providers in rural Cote d'Ivoire," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 291-304, December.
- Noether, Monica, 1988. "Competition among hospitals," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 259-284, September.
- Gary Chamberlain, 1980. "Analysis of Covariance with Qualitative Data," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 225-238.
- Stock, Robert, 1983. "Distance and the utilization of health facilities in rural Nigeria," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 17(9), pages 563-570, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Áron Tóth, 2014. "Reputation Effects In The Market Of Certifiers: Evidence From The Audit Industry," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(2), pages 505-517, April.
- Moscelli, Giuseppe & Siciliani, Luigi & Gutacker, Nils & Gravelle, Hugh, 2016. "Location, quality and choice of hospital: Evidence from England 2002–2013," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 112-124.
- Justin G. Trogdon, 2004.
"Regionalization of Cardiac Services and the Responsiveness of Treatment Choices,"
School of Economics Working Papers
2004-03, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Justin G. Trogdon, 2004. "Regionalization of Cardiac Services and the Responsiveness of Treatment Choices," HEW 0411001, EconWPA.
- Matteo Lippi Bruni & Lucia Nobilio & Cristina Ugolini, 2008. "The analysis of a cardiological network in a regulated setting: a spatial interaction approach," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 221-233.
- Brekke, Kurt Richard & Cellini, Roberto & Siciliani, Luigi & Straume, Odd Rune, 2008.
"Competition and quality in regulated markets with sluggish demand,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6938, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Roberto Cellini & Luigi Siciliani & Odd Rune Straume, 2010. "Competition and Quality in Regulated Markets with Sluggish Demand," CESifo Working Paper Series 2922, CESifo Group Munich.
- Spetz, Joanne & Maiuro, Lisa Simonson, 2004. "Measuring levels of technology in hospitals," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 430-447, July.
- M. Lippi Bruni & C. Ugolini & R. Verzulli, 2018. "Disentangling the effect of waiting times on hospital choice: Evidence from a panel data analysis," Working Papers wp1118, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Justin G. Trogdon, 2009. "Demand For And Regulation Of Cardiac Services," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1183-1204, November.
- Peter Sivey, 2012.
"The effect of waiting time and distance on hospital choice for English cataract patients,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(4), pages 444-456, April.
- Peter Sivey, 2010. "The Effect of Waiting Time and Distance on Hospital Choice for English Cataract Patients," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2010n10, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Peter Sivey, 2010. "The effect of waiting time and distance on hospital choice for English cataract patients," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 10/09, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Lieke H. H. M. Boonen & Frederik T. Schut & Xander Koolman, 2008. "Consumer channeling by health insurers: natural experiments with preferred providers in the Dutch pharmacy market," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 299-316.
- Siciliani, Luigi & Rune Straume, Odd & Cellini, Roberto, 2013.
"Quality competition with motivated providers and sluggish demand,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 2041-2061.
- Luigi Siciliani & Odd Rune Straume & Roberto Cellini, "undated". "Quality competition with motivated providers and sluggish demand," Discussion Papers 11/09, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Luigi Siciliani & Odd Rune Straume & Roberto Cellini, 2011. "Quality competition with motivated providers and sluggish demand," NIPE Working Papers 14/2011, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Claudio Pinto, 2017. "Perceived quality and formation of inter-regional networks of health care migration," Advances in Management and Applied Economics, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 7(3), pages 1-5.
- Gutacker, Nils & Siciliani, Luigi & Moscelli, Giuseppe & Gravelle, Hugh, 2016. "Choice of hospital: Which type of quality matters?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 230-246.
- Dy, Sydney Morss & Rubin, Haya R. & Lehmann, Harold P., 2005. "Why do patients and families request transfers to tertiary care? a qualitative study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(8), pages 1846-1853, October.
- Bokhari, Farasat A.S., 2009. "Managed care competition and the adoption of hospital technology: The case of cardiac catheterization," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 223-237, March.
- Hugh Gravelle & Rita Santos & Luigi Siciliani & Rosalind Goudie, 2012. "Hospital Quality Competition Under Fixed Prices," Working Papers 080cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:15:y:1996:i:3:p:305-332. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.