Demand for and Regulation of Cardiac Services
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Peter Arcidiacono & John Bailey Jones, 2003.
"Finite Mixture Distributions, Sequential Likelihood and the EM Algorithm,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(3), pages 933-946, May.
- Arcidiacono, Peter & Jones, John B., 2000. "Finite Mixture Distribution, Sequential Likelihood, and the EM Algorithm," Working Papers 00-16, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Keane, Michael P & Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1994.
"The Solution and Estimation of Discrete Choice Dynamic Programming Models by Simulation and Interpolation: Monte Carlo Evidence,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 76(4), pages 648-672, November.
- Michael P. Keane & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 1994. "The solution and estimation of discrete choice dynamic programming models by simulation and interpolation: Monte Carlo evidence," Staff Report 181, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- John Rust & Christopher Phelan, 1997.
"How Social Security and Medicare Affect Retirement Behavior in a World of Incomplete Markets,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(4), pages 781-832, July.
- Rust, J., 1994. "How Social Security and Medicare Affect Retirement Behavior in a World of Incomplete Markets," Working papers 9430, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- John Rust & Christopher Phelan, 1994. "How Social Security and Medicare Affect Retirement Behavior in a World of Incomplete Markets," Public Economics 9406005, EconWPA, revised 20 Oct 1996.
- Dracup, Kathleen & Moser, Debra K. & Eisenberg, Mickey & Meischke, Hendrika & Alonzo, Angelo A. & Braslow, Allan, 1995. "Causes of delay in seeking treatment for heart attack symptoms," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 379-392, February.
- Daniel P. Kessler & Mark B. McClellan, 2000. "Is Hospital Competition Socially Wasteful?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 577-615.
- Justin G. Trogdon, 2004.
"Regionalization of Cardiac Services and the Responsiveness of Treatment Choices,"
School of Economics Working Papers
2004-03, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Justin G. Trogdon, 2004. "Regionalization of Cardiac Services and the Responsiveness of Treatment Choices," HEW 0411001, EconWPA.
- Dranove, David & White, William D, 1994. "Recent Theory and Evidence on Competition in Hospital Markets," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 169-209, Spring.
- Susan Athey & Scott Stern, 2000.
"The Adoption and Impact of Advanced Emergency Response Services,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Changing Hospital Industry: Comparing For-Profit and Not-for-Profit Institutions, pages 113-168
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Athey, Susan. & Stern, Scott, 1969-, 1998. "The adoption and impact of advanced emergency response services," Working papers WP 4007-98., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Susan Athey & Scott Stern, 1998. "The Adoption and Impact of Advanced Emergency Response Services," NBER Working Papers 6595, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donna B. Gilleskie, 1998. "A Dynamic Stochastic Model of Medical Care Use and Work Absence," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(1), pages 1-46, January.
- Daniel Ackerberg, 2009.
"A new use of importance sampling to reduce computational burden in simulation estimation,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME),
Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 343-376, December.
- Daniel A. Ackerberg, 2001. "A New Use of Importance Sampling to Reduce Computational Burden in Simulation Estimation," NBER Technical Working Papers 0273, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McGuire, Thomas G., 2000. "Physician agency," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 461-536 Elsevier.
- Dranove, David & Satterthwaite, Mark A., 2000. "The industrial organization of health care markets," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 20, pages 1093-1139 Elsevier.
- Hodgkin, Dominic, 1996. "Specialized service offerings and patients' choice of hospital: The case of cardiac catheterization," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 305-332, June.
- Barton H. Hamilton & Vivian H. Hamilton, 1997. "Estimating surgical volume-outcome relationships applying survival models: accounting for frailty and hospital fixed effects," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 383-395.
More about this item
Keywordsheart attack; Medicare; dynamic discrete choice estimation;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2005-04-16 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-HEA-2005-04-16 (Health Economics)
- NEP-REG-2005-04-16 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwphe:0502001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .