Non-price rationing and the choice of medical care providers in rural Cote d'Ivoire
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Method of the month: custom likelihoods with Stan
by Sam Watson in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2018-05-18 06:00:27
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mocan, H. Naci & Tekin, Erdal & Zax, Jeffrey S., 2004. "The Demand for Medical Care in Urban China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 289-304, February.
- Raza, W.A. & Panda, P. & Van de Poel, E. & Dror, D.M. & Bedi, A.S., 2013. "Healthcare Seeking Behavior among Self-help Group Households in Rural Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, India," ISS Working Papers - General Series 50172, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Bolduc, Denis & Lacroix, Guy & Muller, Christophe, 1996.
"The choice of medical providers in rural Benin: A comparison of discrete choice models,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 477-498, August.
- BOLDUC, Denis & LACROIX, Guy & MULLER, Christophe, 1994. "The Choice of Medical Providers in Rural Bénin: a Comparison of Discrete Choice Model," Cahiers de recherche 9411, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Heather Klemick & Kenneth L. Leonard & Melkiory C. Masatu, 2007.
"Defining Access to Health Care: Evidence on the Importance of Quality and Distance in Rural Tanzania,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(2), pages 347-358.
- Klemick, Heather & Leonard, Kenneth L. & Masatu, Melkiory C., 2008. "Defining Access to Health Care: Evidence on the Importance of Quality and Distance in Rural Tanzania," Working Papers 6178, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Randall P. Ellis & Germano M. Mwabu, 1991.
"The Demand for Outpatient Medical Care in Rural Kenya,"
0006, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Randall P. Ellis & Germano M. Mwabu, 1991. "The Demand for Outpatient Medical Care in Rural Kenya," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 15, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Randell P. Ellis & Germano M. Mwabu, 2004. "The Demand for Outpatient Medical Care in Rural Kenya," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-140, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Jaume Puig & Marc Sáez & Esther Martínez Garcia, 1998.
"Health care provider choice in the case of patient-initiated contacts. An extended version of discrete choice of model demand,"
Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics
308, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Jaume Puig & Marc Sáez & Esther Martínez Garcia, 1998. "Health care provider choice in the case of patient-initiated contacts. An extended version of discrete choice of model demand," Economics Working Papers 308, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Erlyana, Erlyana & Damrongplasit, Kannika Kampanya & Melnick, Glenn, 2011.
"Expanding health insurance to increase health care utilization: Will it have different effects in rural vs. urban areas?,"
Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 273-281.
- Erlyana, Erlyana & Damrongplasit, Kannika Kampanya & Melnick, Glenn, 2011. "Expanding health insurance to increase health care utilization: Will it have different effects in rural vs. urban areas?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(2-3), pages 273-281, May.
- Sisira Sarma, 2009. "Demand for outpatient healthcare," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 265-277, December.
- Majid S. Kermani & Hossein Ghaderi & Ayoub Yousefi, 2008. "Demand for medical care in the urban areas of Iran: an empirical investigation," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(7), pages 849-862.
- Magnus Lindelow, 2004. "The Utilization of Curative Health Care in Mozambique: Does Income Matter?," Development and Comp Systems 0409057, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Óscar D. Lourenço & Pedro L. Ferreira, 2005. "Utilization of public health centres in Portugal: effect of time costs and other determinants. Finite mixture models applied to truncated samples," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(9), pages 939-953.
- repec:kap:ijhcfe:v:17:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10754-016-9194-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lloyd Amaghionyeodiwe, 2008. "Determinants of the choice of health care provider in Nigeria," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 215-227, September.
- Shengelia, Bakhuti & Tandon, Ajay & Adams, Orvill B. & Murray, Christopher J.L., 2005. "Access, utilization, quality, and effective coverage: An integrated conceptual framework and measurement strategy," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 97-109, July.
- Canaviri, Jose, 2007. "A Random Parameter Logit model for modeling Health Care Provider Choice in Bolivia," MPRA Paper 3263, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dzator, Janet & Asafu-Adjaye, John, 2004. "A study of malaria care provider choice in Ghana," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 389-401, September.
- Cronin, C.J.; & Guilkey, D.K.; & Speizer, I.S.;, 2018. "Measurement Error in Discrete Health Facility Choice Models:an Example from Urban Senegal," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 18/18, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Pedro Ramos & Álvaro Almeida, 2014. "The Impact of An Increase in User Costs on the Demand For Emergency Services: The Case of Portuguese Hospitals," FEP Working Papers 531, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Powell-Jackson, Timothy & Hanson, Kara & Whitty, Christopher J.M. & Ansah, Evelyn K., 2014. "Who benefits from free healthcare? Evidence from a randomized experiment in Ghana," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 305-319.
- Hodgkin, Dominic, 1996. "Specialized service offerings and patients' choice of hospital: The case of cardiac catheterization," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 305-332, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:6:y:1987:i:4:p:291-304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.