The role of farmer organizations in supplying supermarkets with quality food in Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sterns, James A. & Schweikhardt, David B. & Peterson, H. Christopher, 1998.
"Using Case Studies As An Approach For Conducting Agribusiness Research,"
International Food and Agribusiness Management Review,
International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 1(03).
- Sterns, James A. & Schweikhardt, David B. & Peterson, H. Christopher, 1998. "Using Case Studies As An Approach For Conducting Agribusiness Research," Staff Papers 11545, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Hagen, James M., 2002. "Causes and Consequences of Food Retailing Innovation in Developing Countries: Supermarkets in Vietnam," Working Papers 127310, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Pingali, Prabhu, 2007.
"Westernization of Asian diets and the transformation of food systems: Implications for research and policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 281-298, June.
- Prabhu Pingali, 2004. "Westernization of Asian Diets and the Transformation of Food Systems: Implications for research and policy," Working Papers 04-17, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Thomas Reardon & C. Peter Timmer & Christopher B. Barrett & Julio Berdegué, 2003. "The Rise of Supermarkets in Africa, Asia, and Latin America," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1140-1146.
- Marcus Mergenthaler & Katinka Weinberger & Matin Qaim, 2009. "Consumer Valuation of Food Quality and Food Safety Attributes in Vietnam," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 31(2), pages 266-283, June.
- Figui, Muriel & Moustier, Paule, 2009. "Market appeal in an emerging economy: Supermarkets and poor consumers in Vietnam," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 210-217, April.
- Hellin, Jon & Lundy, Mark & Meijer, Madelon, 2007. "Farmer organization, collective action and market access in Meso-America:," CAPRi working papers 67, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Masayoshi Maruyama & Le Viet Trung, 2007. "Supermarkets in Vietnam: Opportunities and Obstacles," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 21(1), pages 19-46, March.
- Balsevich, Fernando & Berdegue, Julio A. & Reardon, Thomas, 2006. "Supermarkets, New-Generation Wholesalers, Tomato Farmers, and NGOs in Nicaragua," Staff Papers 11479, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Hagen, James M., 2002. "Causes And Consequences Of Food Retailing Innovation In Developing Countries: Supermarkets In Vietnam," WCC-72 Annual Meeting, June 23-25, 2002, Las Vegas, Nevada 16612, WERA-72 (formerly WCC-72): Western Education\Extension and Research Activities Committee on Agribusiness.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ortega, David L. & Wang, H. Holly & Wu, Laping & Hong, Soo Jeong, 2015. "Retail channel and consumer demand for food quality in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 359-366.
- Rao, Elizaphan J.O. & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Supermarkets, Farm Household Income, and Poverty: Insights from Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 784-796, May.
- Alboiu, Cornelia, 2012. "Governance and Contractual Structure in the Vegetable Supply Chain in Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 68-82, December.
- Ma, Wanglin & Abdulai, Awudu, 2016. "Does cooperative membership improve household welfare? Evidence from apple farmers in China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 94-102.
- Ochieng, Dennis O. & Veettil, Prakashan C. & Qaim, Matin, 2017.
"Farmers’ preferences for supermarket contracts in Kenya,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 100-111.
- Ochieng, Dennis O. & Veettil, Prakashan C. & Qaim, Matin, 2016. "Farmers’ Preferences for Supermarket Contracts in Kenya," Discussion Papers 244354, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Ochieng, Dennis O. & Veettil, Prakashan C. & Qaim, Matin, 2016. "Farmers’ Preferences for Supermarket Contracts in Kenya," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235632, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Reardon, Thomas, 2011. "The global rise and impact of supermarkets: an international perspective," Conference Proceedings 2011 125312, Crawford Fund.
- Andersson, Camilla I.M. & Kiria, Christine G. & Qaim, Matin & Rao, Elizaphan J.O., 2013. "Following up on smallholder farmers and supermarkets," Discussion Papers 158142, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Kumar, Anjani & Saroj, Sunil & Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Joshi, Pramod Kumar, 2018. "Does cooperative membership improve household welfare? Evidence from a panel data analysis of smallholder dairy farmers in Bihar, India:," IFPRI discussion papers 1703, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Alexander E. Saak, 2012.
"Collective Reputation, Social Norms, and Participation,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(3), pages 763-785.
- Saak, Alexander, 2011. "Collective reputation, social norms, and participation:," IFPRI discussion papers 1107, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Trebbin, Anika, 2014. "Linking small farmers to modern retail through producer organizations – Experiences with producer companies in India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 35-44.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:98:y:2017:i:c:p:93-104 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFarmer organizations Quality Vietnam Supermarkets Policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:35:y:2010:i:1:p:69-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.