The Market Reaction to the Disclosure of Supervisory Actions: Implications for Bank Transparency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Berger, Allen N & Davies, Sally M & Flannery, Mark J, 2000.
"Comparing Market and Supervisory Assessments of Bank Performance: Who Knows What When?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 641-667, August.
- Allen N. Berger & Sally M. Davies & Mark J. Flannery, 2000. "Comparing market and supervisory assessments of bank performance: who knows what when?," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 641-670.
- Allen N. Berger & Sally M. Davies & Mark J. Flannery, 1998. "Comparing market and supervisory assessments of bank performance: who knows what when?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-32, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- R. Alton Gilbert, 1993. "Implications of annual examinations for the Bank Insurance Fund," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 35-52.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1995. "Bank regulatory agreements in New England," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue May, pages 15-24.
- Bessler, Wolfgang & Nohel, Tom, 1996. "The stock-market reaction to dividend cuts and omissions by commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 1485-1508, November.
- Bruner, Robert F & Simms, John M, Jr, 1987. "The International Debt Crisis and Bank Security Returns in 1982," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 19(1), pages 46-55, February.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, 1994. "Why Bank Credit Policies Fluctuate: A Theory and Some Evidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 399-441.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1994. " The Benefits of Lending Relationships: Evidence from Small Business Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 3-37, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ari Hyytinen & Tuomas Takalo, 2004.
"Preventing Systemic Crises through Bank Transparency,"
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 33(2), pages 257-273, July.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Takalo, Tuomas, 2001. "Preventing Systemic Crises through Bank Transparency," Discussion Papers 776, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Takalo, Tuomas, 2003. "Preventing systemic crises through bank transparency," Research Discussion Papers 25/2003, Bank of Finland.
- Ari Hyytinen & Tuomas Takalo, 2002.
"Enhancing Bank Transparency: A Re-assessment,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 6(3), pages 429-445.
- Hyytinen, A. & Takalo, T., 2000. "Enhancing Bank Transparency: a Re-assessment," University of Helsinki, Department of Economics 492, Department of Economics.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Takalo, Tuomas, 2000. "Enhancing bank transparency : A re-assessment," Research Discussion Papers 10/2000, Bank of Finland.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Takalo, Tuomas, 2002. "Enchancing Bank Transparency : A Re-assessment," Discussion Papers 828, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Buck, Florian & Schliephake, Eva, 2013. "The regulator’s trade-off: Bank supervision vs. minimum capital," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4584-4598.
- STEFANESCU Cristina Alexandrina, 2014. "Corporate Governance „Actors”’ Capability And Risk Information Transparency – Empirical Study On European Banking System," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 9(2), pages 98-107, August.
- Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Honohan, Patrick, 2002. "Banking policy and macroeconomic stability - an exploration," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2856, The World Bank.
- María Penas & Günseli Tümer-Alkan, 2010. "Bank Disclosure and Market Assessment of Financial Fragility: Evidence from Turkish Banks’ Equity Prices," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 37(2), pages 159-178, June.
- David VanHoose, 2007. "Market Discipline and Supervisory Discretion in Banking: Reinforcing or Conflicting Pillars of Basel II?," NFI Working Papers 2007-WP-06, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Clemens Bonner & Iman Lelyveld & Robert Zymek, 2015.
"Banks’ Liquidity Buffers and the Role of Liquidity Regulation,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 48(3), pages 215-234, December.
- Clemens Bonner & Iman van Lelyveld & Robert Zymek, 2013. "Banks' Liquidity Buffers and the Role of Liquidity Regulation," DNB Working Papers 393, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Julien Clavier, 2011. "Transition aux normes comptables IAS/IFRS, discipline de marché et adéquation des fonds propres aux risques dans l'industrie bancaire européenne," Post-Print hal-00646838, HAL.
- Matei, Marius, 2010. "Risk analysis in the evaluation of the international investment opportunities. Advances in modelling and forecasting volatility for risk assessment purposes," Working Papers of Institute for Economic Forecasting 100201, Institute for Economic Forecasting.
- Penas, M.F. & Tumer-Alkan, G., 2008. "Bank Disclosure and Market Assessment of Financial Fragility : Evidence from Banks' Equity Prices," Discussion Paper 2008-013, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Juha-Pekka Niinimäki, 2003. "Fairly Priced Deposit Insurance under Adverse Selection," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 38-48, Spring.
- Pop, Adrian, 2006. "Market discipline in international banking regulation: Keeping the playing field level," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 286-310, October.
- Ignatowski, Magdalena & Korte, Josef & Werger, Charlotte, 2015. "Between capture and discretion - The determinants of distressed bank treatment and expected government support," Working Paper Series 1835, European Central Bank.
- Jannis Bischof & Ulf BrÃ¼ggemann & Holger Daske, 2012. "Fair Value Reclassifications of Financial Assets during the Financial Crisis," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-010, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Tumer-Alkan, G., 2008. "Essays on banking," Other publications TiSEM 8d5ec521-4702-4e75-bc79-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:kap:jfsres:v:53:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10693-016-0256-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Faidon Kalfaoglou & Alexandros Sarris, 2006. "Modeling the Components of Market Discipline," Working Papers 36, Bank of Greece.
- Ghassan Omet & Ibrahim Saif & Hadeel Yaseen, 2008. "Market Discipline and Deposit Insurance: Evidence from Some Middle Eastern Banks," Working Papers 391, Economic Research Forum, revised 01 Jan 2008.
- Chernobai, Anna & Ozdagli, Ali K. & Wang, Jianlin, 2016. "Business complexity and risk management: evidence from operational risk events in U. S. bank holding companies," Working Papers 16-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Selçuk Caner & Süheyla Özyıldırım & A. Ungan, 2012. "How Sensitive Are Bank Managers to Shareholder Value?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 187-205, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinin:v:9:y:2000:i:3:p:298-319. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622875 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.