Rent dissipation and efficient rationalization in for-hire recreational fishing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McConnell, Kenneth E. & Sutinen, Jon G., 1979. "Bioeconomic models of marine recreational fishing," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 127-139, June.
- Abbott, Joshua & Maharaj, Vishwanie & Wilen, James E., 2009. "Designing ITQ programs for commercial recreational fishing," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 766-774, September.
- Johnston, Robert J. & Holland, Daniel S. & Maharaj, Vishwanie & Campson, Tammy Warner, 2007. "Fish harvest tags: An alternative management approach for recreational fisheries in the US Gulf of Mexico," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 505-516, July.
- Squires, Dale, 1987. "Fishing effort: Its testing, specification, and internal structure in fisheries economics and management," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 268-282, September.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Massey, D. Matthew & Newbold, Stephen C. & Gentner, Brad, 2006. "Valuing water quality changes using a bioeconomic model of a coastal recreational fishery," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 482-500, July.
- Sutinen, Jon G. & Johnston, Robert J., 2003. "Angling management organizations: integrating the recreational sector into fishery management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 471-487, November.
- Anderson Lee G., 1993. "Toward a Complete Economic Theory of the Utilization and Management of Recreational Fisheries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 272-295, May.
- C. Richard Shumway & Rulon D. Pope & Elizabeth K. Nash, 1984. "Allocatable Fixed Inputs and Jointness in Agricultural Production: Implications for Economic Modeling," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(1), pages 72-78.
- Bishop, Richard C. & Samples, Karl C., 1980. "Sport and commercial fishing conflicts: A theoretical analysis," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 220-233, September.
- Lee G. Anderson, 1983. "The Demand Curve for Recreational Fishing with an Application to Stock Enhancement Activities," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 59(3), pages 279-286.
- J. P. Gould, 1968. "Adjustment Costs in the Theory of Investment of the Firm," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(1), pages 47-55.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fenichel, Eli P. & Abbott, Joshua K., 2014. "Heterogeneity and the fragility of the first best: Putting the “micro” in bioeconomic models of recreational resources," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 351-369.
- John C. Whitehead & Christopher F. Dumas & Craig E. Landry & Jim Herstine, 2013.
"A recreation demand model of the North Carolina for-hire fishery: a comparison of primary and secondary purpose anglers,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(16), pages 1481-1484, November.
- John C. Whitehead & Christopher F. Dumas & Craig E. Landry & Jim Herstine, 2013. "A Recreation Demand Model of the North Carolina For-Hire Fishery: A Comparison of Primary and Secondary Purpose Anglers," Working Papers 13-21, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Matthew N. Reimer & Joshua K. Abbott & James E. Wilen, 2014.
"Unraveling the Multiple Margins of Rent Generation from Individual Transferable Quotas,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 90(3), pages 538-559.
- Matthew N. Reimer & Joshua K. Abbott & James E. Wilen, 2013. "Unraveling the Multiple Margins of Rent Generation from Individual Transferable Quotas," Working Papers 2013-03, University of Alaska Anchorage, Department of Economics.
- John C. Whitehead & Christopher F. Dumas & Craig E. Landry & Jim Herstine, 2011. "Valuing Bag Limits in the North Carolina Charter Boat Fishery with Combined Revealed and Stated Preference Data," Working Papers 11-08, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:69:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10640-016-0066-7 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRecreational fisheries Rent dissipation Individual transferable quotas Bioeconomic modeling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:58:y:2009:i:3:p:300-314. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.