Nonrenewable Resources with Switching Costs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mason, Charles F., 1989. "Exploration information and AEC regulation of the domestic uranium industry," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 421-448, July.
- Cairns, Robert D., 1990. "Geological influences, metal prices and rationality," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 143-171, July.
- Brennan, Michael J & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1985. "Evaluating Natural Resource Investments," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(2), pages 135-157, April.
- Avinash Dixit, 1991. "Analytical Approximations in Models of Hysteresis," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(1), pages 141-151.
- Avinash Dixit, 1989. "Hysteresis, Import Penetration, and Exchange Rate Pass-Through," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(2), pages 205-228.
- Slade, Margaret E., 1988. "Grade selection under uncertainty: Least cost last and other anomalies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 189-205, June.
- Jon M. Conrad, 1997. "Global Warming: When to Bite the Bullet," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(2), pages 164-173.
- Schulze, William D., 1974. "The optimal use of non-renewable resources: The theory of extraction," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 53-73, May.
- Dixit, Avinash K, 1989. "Entry and Exit Decisions under Uncertainty," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 620-638, June.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1978. "The Optimal Exploration and Production of Nonrenewable Resources," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 841-861, October.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1980. "Uncertainty and Exhaustible Resource Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(6), pages 1203-1225, December.
- Heal, Geoffrey & Barrow, Michael, 1981. "Empirical investigation of the long-term movement of resource prices : A preliminary report," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 95-103.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Park, Hojeong, 2012. "Real option analysis for effects of emission permit banking on investment under abatement cost uncertainty," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1314-1321.
- E. Agliardi & L. Sereno, 2012.
"On the optimal timing of switching from non-renewable to renewable resources: dirty vs clean energy sources and the relative efficiency of generators,"
wp855, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Elettra Agliardi & Luigi Sereno, 2013. "On the Optimal Timing of Switching from non-Renewable to Renewable Resources: Dirty vs Clean Energy Sources and the Relative Efficiency of Generators," Working Paper series 11_13, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Feng Song & Jinhua Zhao & Scott M. Swinton, 2011.
"Switching to Perennial Energy Crops Under Uncertainty and Costly Reversibility,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(3), pages 764-779.
- Song, Feng & Zhao, Jinhua & Swinton, Scott M., 2009. "Switching to Perennial Energy Crops under Uncertainty and Costly Reversibility," Staff Papers 56195, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Di Corato, Luca & Montinari, Natalia, 2014.
"Flexible waste management under uncertainty,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 234(1), pages 174-185.
- Luca Di Corato & Natalia Montinari, 2012. "Flexible Waste Management under Uncertainty," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-066, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Luca Di Corato & Natalia Montinari, 2013. "Flexible Waste Management under Uncertainty," Working Papers 2013.03, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Margaret Insley, 2013. "On the timing of non-renewable resource extraction with regime switching prices: an optimal stochastic control approach," Working Papers 1302, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2013.
- Abdullah Almansour and Margaret Insley, 2016.
"The Impact of Stochastic Extraction Cost on the Value of an Exhaustible Resource: An Application to the Alberta Oil Sands,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Abdullah Almansour & Margaret Insley, 2013. "The impact of stochastic extraction cost on the value of an exhaustible resource: An application to the Alberta oil sands," Working Papers 1303, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2013.
- Muehlenbachs, Lucija, 2012. "Testing for Avoidance of Environmental Obligations," Discussion Papers dp-12-12, Resources For the Future.
- Di Corato, Luca, 2013.
"Profit sharing under the threat of nationalization,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 295-315.
- Luca Di Corato, 2010. "Profit Sharing under the Threat of Nationalization," Working Papers 2010.5, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Di Corato, Luca, 2010. "Profit Sharing under the Threat of Nationalization," Working Papers 58292, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Michele Baggio, 2016. "Optimal Fishery Management with Regime Shifts: An Assessment of Harvesting Strategies," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 64(3), pages 465-492, July.
- Mason, Charles F., 2012.
"On equilibrium in resource markets with scale economies and stochastic prices,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 288-300.
- Charles F Mason, 2012. "On Equilibrium in Resource Markets with Scale Economies and Stochastic Prices," OxCarre Working Papers 073, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Mason, Charles F., 2011. "On stockpiling natural resources," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 398-409, May.
- Charles F. Mason, 2011. "Why do Firms Hold Oil Stockpiles?," Working Papers 2011.100, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Dumortier, Jerome Robert Florian, 2011. "The impact of forest offset credits under a stochastic carbon price on agriculture using a rational expectations and real options framework," ISU General Staff Papers 201101010800001160, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Eunchun Park & Hojeong Park, 2014. "Real Options Analysis of Oil and Gas Resource Development for Independent E&P Firms in the North America," Korean Economic Review, Korean Economic Association, vol. 30, pages 349-367.
- Kassar, Ilhem & Lasserre, Pierre, 2004.
"Species preservation and biodiversity value: a real options approach,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 857-879, September.
- Ilhem Kassar & Pierre Lasserre, 2002. "Species Preservation and Biodiversity Value: A Real Options Approach," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-82, CIRANO.
- Ilhem Kassar & Pierre Lasserre, 2002. "Species Preservation and Biodiversity Value: A Real Options Approach," Cahiers de recherche du Département des sciences économiques, UQAM 20-18, Université du Québec à Montréal, Département des sciences économiques.
- Yemshanov, Denys & McCarney, Geoffrey R. & Hauer, Grant & Luckert, M.K. (Marty) & Unterschultz, Jim & McKenney, Daniel W., 2015. "A real options-net present value approach to assessing land use change: A case study of afforestation in Canada," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 327-336.
- Fernandez, Linda, 2005. "A diversified portfolio: joint management of non-renewable and renewable resources offshore," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 65-82, January.
- Leroux, Anke D. & Whitten, Stuart M., 2014.
"Optimal investment in ecological rehabilitation under climate change,"
Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 133-144.
- Anke D Leroux & Stuart M Whitten, 2014. "Optimal Investment in Ecological Rehabilitation under Climate Change," Monash Economics Working Papers 04-14, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:1-16 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leroux, Anke D. & Martin, Vance L. & Goeschl, Timo, 2009. "Optimal conservation, extinction debt, and the augmented quasi-option value," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 43-57, July.
- Mosiño, Alejandro, 2012. "Producing energy in a stochastic environment: Switching from non-renewable to renewable resources," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 413-430.
- Holland, Stephen P., 2003. "Extraction capacity and the optimal order of extraction," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 569-588, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:42:y:2001:i:1:p:65-81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.