Retail knockoffs: Consumer acceptance and rejection of inauthentic retailers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Meera Venkatraman & Teresa Nelson, 2008. "From servicescape to consumptionscape: a photo-elicitation study of Starbucks in the New China," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(6), pages 1010-1026, September.
- Chaudhry, Peggy E. & Zimmerman, Alan & Peters, Jonathan R. & Cordell, Victor V., 2009. "Preserving intellectual property rights: Managerial insight into the escalating counterfeit market quandary," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 57-66.
- Martin, Drew, 2010. "Uncovering unconscious memories and myths for understanding international tourism behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 372-383, April.
- Sheng, Shibin & Zhou, Kevin Zheng & Lessassy, Leopold, 2013. "NPD speed vs. innovativeness: The contingent impact of institutional and market environments," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2355-2362.
- Jungkeun Kim & Jae-Eun Kim & Jongwon Park, 2012. "Effects of cognitive resource availability on consumer decisions involving counterfeit products: The role of perceived justification," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 869-881, September.
- Wang, Zhigang & Mao, Yanna & Gale, Fred, 2008. "Chinese consumer demand for food safety attributes in milk products," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 27-36, February.
- Staake, Thorsten & Thiesse, Frédéric & Fleisch, Elgar, 2012. "Business strategies in the counterfeit market," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(5), pages 658-665.
- Shibin Sheng & Kevin Zheng Zhou & L. Lessassy, 2013. "NPD speed vs. innovativeness: The contingent impact of institutional and market environments," Post-Print halshs-00862665, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Appel, Gil & Libai, Barak & Muller, Eitan, 2018. "On the monetary impact of fashion design piracy," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 591-610.
- Paul, Justin & Rosenbaum, Mark, 2020. "Retailing and consumer services at a tipping point: New conceptual frameworks and theoretical models," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 54(C).
- Riegger, Anne-Sophie & Klein, Jan F. & Merfeld, Katrin & Henkel, Sven, 2021. "Technology-enabled personalization in retail stores: Understanding drivers and barriers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 140-155.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bessonova, Evguenia & Gonchar, Ksenia, 2019. "How the innovation-competition link is shaped by technology distance in a high-barrier catch-up economy," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 86, pages 15-32.
- Zhang, Man & Merchant, Hemant, 2020. "A causal analysis of the role of institutions and organizational proficiencies on the innovation capability of Chinese SMEs," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(2).
- Wu, Liang & Liu, Heng & Zhang, Jianqi, 2017. "Bricolage effects on new-product development speed and creativity: The moderating role of technological turbulence," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 127-135.
- Wu, Liang & Liu, Heng & Su, Kun, 2020. "Exploring the dual effect of effectuation on new product development speed and quality," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 82-93.
- Liu, Yulong & Ndubisi, Nelson Oly & Liu, Yang & Barrane, Fatima Zahra, 2020. "New product development and sustainable performance of Chinese SMMEs: The role of dynamic capability and intra-national environmental forces," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 230(C).
- Todd Morgan & Sergey Alexander Anokhin & Chanho Song & Natalia Chistyakova, 2019. "The role of customer participation in building new product development speed capabilities in turbulent environments," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 119-133, March.
- Zhang, Man & Hartley, Janet L., 2018. "Guanxi, IT systems, and innovation capability: The moderating role of proactiveness," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 75-86.
- Moaniba, Igam M. & Lee, Pei-Chun & Su, Hsin-Ning, 2020. "How does external knowledge sourcing enhance product development? Evidence from drug commercialization," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 63(C).
- Wang, Liwen & Jin, Jason Lu & Zhou, Kevin Zheng & Li, Caroline Bingxin & Yin, Eden, 2020. "Does customer participation hurt new product development performance? Customer role, product newness, and conflict," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 246-259.
- Choi, Kanghwa & Narasimhan, Ram & Kim, Soo Wook, 2016. "Opening the technological innovation black box: The case of the electronics industry in Korea," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 250(1), pages 192-203.
- Adriana Andrea Amaya & Ying-Kai Liao & Sixto Chang, 2019. "The Effects Of Innovation Implementation And Speed To Market On The Relationship Between Team Sense-Making, Trust, And Npd Success," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 23(04), pages 1-29, May.
- Zhu, Xiaoxuan & Xiao, Zhenxin & Dong, Maggie Chuoyan & Gu, Jibao, 2019. "The fit between firmsâ€™ open innovation and business model for new product development speed: A contingent perspective," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 86, pages 75-85.
- Defeng Yang & Wei Jiang & Weihong Zhao, 2019. "Proactive environmental strategy, innovation capability, and stakeholder integration capability: A mediation analysis," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(8), pages 1534-1547, December.
- Zhang, Feng & Zhu, Lei, 2021. "Social media strategic capability, organizational unlearning, and disruptive innovation of SMEs: The moderating roles of TMT heterogeneity and environmental dynamism," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 183-193.
- Rojas, Mariana Giovanna Andrade & Solis, Edgar Rogelio Ramirez & Zhu, John JianJun, 2018. "Innovation and network multiplexity: R&D and the concurrent effects of two collaboration networks in an emerging economy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(6), pages 1111-1124.
- Lisboa, Ana & Skarmeas, Dionysis & Saridakis, Charalampos, 2016. "Entrepreneurial orientation pathways to performance: A fuzzy-set analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(4), pages 1319-1324.
- Kun Su & Heng Liu, 2021. "Financialization of manufacturing companies and corporate innovation: Lessons from an emerging economy," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 42(4), pages 863-875, June.
- Cheng, Leilei & Yin, Changbin & Chien, Hsiaoping, 2015. "Demand for milk quantity and safety in urban China: evidence from Beijing and Harbin," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 59(2), April.
- Ortega, David L. & Wang, H. Holly & Wu, Laping & Olynk, Nicole J., 2011.
"Modeling heterogeneity in consumer preferences for select food safety attributes in China,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 318-324, April.
- Ortega, David L. & Wang, H. Holly & Wu, Laping & Olynk, Nicole J., 2010. "Modeling Heterogeneity in Consumer Preferences for Select Food Safety Attributes in China," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61175, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Joy, Annamma & Wang, Jeff Jianfeng & Chan, Tsang-Sing & Sherry, John F. & Cui, Geng, 2014. "M(Art)Worlds: Consumer Perceptions of How Luxury Brand Stores Become Art Institutions," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 347-364.
More about this item
KeywordsInauthentic retail establishments; Counterfeits; China; Imitations; Knockoffs; Starbucks;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:69:y:2016:i:7:p:2448-2455. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.