Hope and self-regulatory goals applied to an advertising context: Promoting prevention stimulates goal-directed behavior
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bougie, J.R.G. & Pieters, R. & Zeelenberg, M., 2003. "Angry customers don't come back, they get back : The experience and behavioral implications of anger and dissatisfaction in services," Other publications TiSEM 1708fb71-fd68-41d9-b870-e, School of Economics and Management.
- Gustavo de Mello & Deborah J. MacInnis & David W. Stewart, 2007. "Threats to Hope: Effects on Reasoning about Product Information," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(2), pages 153-161, 06.
- Louro, M.J.S. & Pieters, R. & Zeelenberg, M., 2005. "Negative returns on positive emotions : The influence of pride and self-regulatory goals on repurchase decisions," Other publications TiSEM 014beb9b-0df4-47a7-8c79-1, School of Economics and Management.
- Crowe, Ellen & Higgins, E. Tory, 1997. "Regulatory Focus and Strategic Inclinations: Promotion and Prevention in Decision-Making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 117-132, February.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-80654 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria J. Louro & Rik Pieters & Marcel Zeelenberg, 2005. "Negative Returns on Positive Emotions: The Influence of Pride and Self-Regulatory Goals on Repurchase Decisions," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(4), pages 833-840, 03.
- Pham, Michel Tuan & Avnet, Tamar, 2004. " Ideals and Oughts and the Reliance on Affect versus Substance in Persuasion," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(4), pages 503-18, March.
- Zeelenberg, M. & Pieters, R., 1999. "On service delivery that might have been : Behavioral responses to disappointment and regret," Other publications TiSEM 6596c484-f332-4f60-a96a-3, School of Economics and Management.
- Aaker, Jennifer L. & Lee, Angela Y., 2006. "Understanding Regulatory Fit," Research Papers 1910, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-148718 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-378581 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-123756 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:61:y:2008:i:10:p:1030-1040. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.