Partnering with foreign businesses: perspectives from Chinese firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rawski, Thomas G, 1994. "Chinese Industrial Reform: Accomplishments, Prospects, and Implications," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 271-275, May.
- Oded Shenkar & Mary Ann von Glinow, 1994. "Paradoxes of Organizational Theory and Research: Using the Case of China to Illustrate National Contingency," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(1), pages 56-71, January.
- Arvind Parkhe, 1991. "Interfirm Diversity, Organizational Learning, and Longevity in Global Strategic Alliances," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(4), pages 579-601, December.
- Weijian Shan, 1991. "Environmental Risks and Joint Venture Sharing Arrangements," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(4), pages 555-578, December.
- Nolan, Peter, 1996. "Large Firms and Industrial Reform in Former Planned Economies: The Case of China," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Jefferson, Gary H. & Xu, Wenyi, 1991. "The impact of reform on socialist enterprises in transition: Structure, conduct, and performance in Chinese industry," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 45-64, March.
- Lu, Yadong, 1998. "Joint venture success in China: How should we select a good partner?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 145-166, July.
- Theodore Groves & Yongmiao Hong & John McMillan & Barry Naughton, 1994. "Autonomy and Incentives in Chinese State Enterprises," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(1), pages 183-209.
- J Michael Geringer, 1991. "Strategic Determinants of Partner Selection Criteria in International Joint Ventures," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(1), pages 41-62, March.
- Jefferson, Gary H & Rawski, Thomas G & Yuxin, Zheng, 1992. "Growth, Efficiency, and Convergence in China's State and Collective Industry," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(2), pages 239-266, January.
- Yigang Pan, 1996. "Influences on Foreign Equity Ownership Level in Joint Ventures in China," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 27(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Stephen B Tallman & Oded Shenkar, 1994. "A Managerial Decision Model of International Cooperative Venture Formation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 25(1), pages 91-113, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Urem, Branka & Alcorta, Ludovico & An, Tongliang, 2008. "The Innovativeness of Foreign Firms in China," MERIT Working Papers 019, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Kim, Daekwan & Basu, Choton & Naidu, G.M. & Cavusgil, Erin, 2011. "The innovativeness of Born-Globals and customer orientation: Learning from Indian Born-Globals," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(8), pages 879-886, August.
- repec:spr:manint:v:49:y:2009:i:3:d:10.1007_s11575-009-0146-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jiang, Marshall S. & Chu, Rongwei & Pan, Yigang, 2011. "Anticipated duration of international joint ventures: A transaction cost perspective," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 175-183, June.
- repec:spr:manint:v:47:y:2007:i:6:d:10.1007_s11575-007-0054-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Duysters, Geert & Saebi, Tina & Dong, Qinqin, 2007. "Strategic Partnering with Chinese Companies: Hidden Motives and Treasures," MERIT Working Papers 034, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Dong, Li & Glaister, Keith W., 2006. "Motives and partner selection criteria in international strategic alliances: Perspectives of Chinese firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 577-600, December.
- Bianchi, Constanza C. & Saleh, Md. Abu, 2011. "Antecedents of importer relationship performance in Latin America," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 258-265, March.
- Chen, Shih-Fen S. & Hennart, Jean-Francois, 2004. "A hostage theory of joint ventures: why do Japanese investors choose partial over full acquisitions to enter the United States?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(10), pages 1126-1134, October.
- repec:spr:manint:v:47:y:2007:i:5:d:10.1007_s11575-007-0040-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lars WANG & Hidekazu ITOH, "undated". "Economic Effects of Information Technology Oriented Joint Ventures in China: A CGE Analysis," EcoMod2004 330600156, EcoMod.
- Li Dong & Keith Glaister, 2007. "National and corporate culture differences in international strategic alliances: Perceptions of Chinese partners," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 191-205, June.
- Liesch, Peter W. & Wilson, Elizabeth J., 2005. "Business-to-business relationship architecture and networks among Australia, New Zealand, and Asian firms: introduction to the special issue," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 168-172, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:55:y:2002:i:6:p:481-493. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.