The impact of parent brand attribute associations and affect on brand extension evaluation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hoyer, Wayne D, 1984. " An Examination of Consumer Decision Making for a Common Repeat Purchase Product," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 822-829, December.
- Holbrook, Morris B & Batra, Rajeev, 1987. " Assessing the Role of Emotions as Mediators of Consumer Responses to Advertising," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(3), pages 404-420, December.
- Park, C Whan & Milberg, Sandra & Lawson, Robert, 1991. " Evaluation of Brand Extensions: The Role of Product Feature Similarity and Brand Concept Consistency," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 185-193, September.
- Tauber, Edward M., 1981. "Brand franchise extension: New product benefits from existing Brand Names," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 36-41.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martínez Salinas, Eva & Pina Pérez, José Miguel, 2009. "Modeling the brand extensions' influence on brand image," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 50-60, January.
- Szymanowski, M.G., 2009. "Consumption-based learning about brand quality : Essays on how private labels share and borrow reputation," Other publications TiSEM b12825d8-5e21-4437-adda-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Hwang, ShinYoung & Kim Seongcheol, 2017. "What triggers the use of mIM service provider’s sequel O2O service extensions?," 14th ITS Asia-Pacific Regional Conference, Kyoto 2017: Mapping ICT into Transformation for the Next Information Society 168494, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Riley Debra & Charlton Nathalie & Wason Hillary, 2015. "The impact of brand image fit on attitude towards a brand alliance," Management & Marketing, De Gruyter Open, vol. 10(4), pages 270-283, December.
- Ganesh Pillai, Rajani & Bindroo, Vishal, 2014. "The moderating roles of perceived complementarity and substitutability on the perceived manufacturing difficulty–extension attitude relationship," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(7), pages 1353-1359.
- repec:eee:aumajo:v:21:y:2013:i:2:p:75-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ingrid Moons & Patrick de Pelsmacker, 2015. "Self-Brand Personality Differences and Attitudes towards Electric Cars," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(9), pages 1-18, September.
- Chung-Yu Wang & Li-Wei Wu & Chen-Yu Lin & Ruei-Jie Chen, 2017. "Purchase Intention toward the Extension and Parent Brand: The Role of Brand Commitment," Journal of Economics and Management, College of Business, Feng Chia University, Taiwan, vol. 13(1), pages 83-103, February.
- Goedertier, Frank & Dawar, Niraj & Geuens, Maggie & Weijters, Bert, 2015. "Brand typicality and distant novel extension acceptance: How risk-reduction counters low category fit," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 157-165.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:85:y:2009:i:3:p:376-390 is not listed on IDEAS
- Moon, Hakil & Sprott, David E., 2016. "Ingredient branding for a luxury brand: The role of brand and product fit," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 5768-5774.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:25:y:2008:i:2:p:129-137 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liliya Lozanova, 2016. "To Extend or Not to Extend: Advantages and Disadvantages of Brand Extension Strategy," Economic Alternatives, University of National and World Economy, Sofia, Bulgaria, issue 4, pages 500-514, December.
- Özge Sýðýrcý & A. Müge Yalçýn, 2010. "Factors Affecting Consumer Evaluations Of Brand Extensions," Bogazici Journal, Review of Social, Economic and Administrative Studies, Bogazici University, Department of Economics, vol. 24(1+2), pages 67-90.
- Michel, Géraldine & Donthu, Naveen, 2014. "Why negative brand extension evaluations do not always negatively affect the brand: The role of central and peripheral brand associations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2611-2619.
- Pina, José M. & Dall'Olmo Riley, Francesca & Lomax, Wendy, 2013. "Generalizing spillover effects of goods and service brand extensions: A meta-analysis approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(9), pages 1411-1419.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:27:y:2010:i:4:p:319-328 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:28:y:2011:i:2:p:120-133 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elif Akagun Ergin & Nilay Sahin, 2015. "Consumers? Attitudes Towards Brand Extensions: An Analysis On Food And Textile Industries In Turkey," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 1003145, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- repec:spr:jbecon:v:87:y:2017:i:7:d:10.1007_s11573-017-0850-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Martínez, Eva & Montaner, Teresa & Pina, José M., 2009. "Brand extension feedback: The role of advertising," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 305-313, March.
- Nathalie Veg-Sala, 2017. "The impact of stereotyped and non-stereotyped brand genders on cross-gender extension evaluations," Post-Print hal-01735491, HAL.
- Hubert, Marco & Florack, Arnd & Gattringer, Rafael & Eberhardt, Tim & Enkel, Ellen & Kenning, Peter, 2017. "Flag up! – Flagship products as important drivers of perceived brand innovativeness," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 154-163.
- repec:taf:oabmxx:v:2:y:2015:i:1:p:1092192 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:53:y:2001:i:3:p:111-122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.