Extreme dependence with asymmetric thresholds: Evidence for the European Monetary Union
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- P. Hartmann & S. Straetmans & C. G. de Vries, 2004.
"Asset Market Linkages in Crisis Periods,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 313-326, February.
- Philipp Hartman & Stefan Straetmans & Casper De Vries, 2001. "Asset market linkages in crisis periods," Proceedings 727, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- P. Hartmann & S. Straetmans & C.G. de Vries, 2001. "Asset Market Linkages in Crisis Periods," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-071/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- de Vries, Casper G & Hartmann, Philipp & Straetmans, Stefan, 2001. "Asset Market Linkages in Crisis Periods," CEPR Discussion Papers 2916, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hartmann, P. & Straetmans, S. & De Vries, C.G., 2001. "Asset Market Linkages in Crisis Periods," Papers 71, Quebec a Montreal - Recherche en gestion.
- Hartmann, Philipp & Straetmans, Stefan & de Vries, Casper, 2001. "Asset market linkages in crisis periods," Working Paper Series 0071, European Central Bank.
- Rafael Schmidt & Ulrich Stadtmüller, 2006. "Non-parametric Estimation of Tail Dependence," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 33(2), pages 307-335.
- François Longin, 2001. "Extreme Correlation of International Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 649-676, April.
- Beine, Michel & Cosma, Antonio & Vermeulen, Robert, 2010.
"The dark side of global integration: Increasing tail dependence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 184-192, January.
- Michel Beine & Antonio Cosma & Robert Vermeulen, 2008. "The Dark Side of Global Integration: Increasing Tail Dependence," CREA Discussion Paper Series 08-03, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Antonio Cosma & firstname.lastname@example.org & Michel Beine & Robert Vermeulen, 2009. "The Dark Side of Global Integration: Increasing Tail Dependence," LSF Research Working Paper Series 09-05, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
- Cyril Caillault & Dominique Guegan, 2005.
"Empirical estimation of tail dependence using copulas: application to Asian markets,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(5), pages 489-501.
- Cyril Caillault & Dominique Guegan, 2005. "Empirical Estimation of Tail Dependence Using Copulas. Application to Asian Markets," Post-Print halshs-00180865, HAL.
- Jian Hu, 2010. "Dependence structures in Chinese and US financial markets: a time-varying conditional copula approach," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(7), pages 561-583.
- Aloui, Riadh & Aïssa, Mohamed Safouane Ben & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2011.
"Global financial crisis, extreme interdependences, and contagion effects: The role of economic structure?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 130-141, January.
- Riadh Aloui & Mohamed Safouane Ben Aissa & Khuong Nguyen Duc, 2010. "Global Financial Crisis, Extreme Interdependences, and Contagion E§ects: The Role of Economic Structure," Working Papers 15, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Chollete, Lorán & de la Peña, Victor & Lu, Ching-Chih, 2011. "International diversification: A copula approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 403-417, February.
- De Vries, C.G., 2005. "The simple economics of bank fragility," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 803-825, April.
- McNeil, Alexander J. & Frey, Rudiger, 2000. "Estimation of tail-related risk measures for heteroscedastic financial time series: an extreme value approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 271-300, November.
- Garcia, René & Tsafack, Georges, 2011.
"Dependence structure and extreme comovements in international equity and bond markets,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1954-1970, August.
- René Garcia & Georges Tsafack, 2009. "Dependence Structure and Extreme Comovements in International Equity and Bond Markets," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-21, CIRANO.
- Bedendo, Mascia & Campolongo, Francesca & Joossens, Elisabeth & Saita, Francesco, 2010. "Pricing multiasset equity options: How relevant is the dependence function?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 788-801, April.
- Dimitris Politis & Halbert White, 2004. "Automatic Block-Length Selection for the Dependent Bootstrap," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 53-70.
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & de Haan, L.F.M. & Piterbarg, V.I., 2001. "Nonparametric estimation of the spectral measure of an extreme value distribution," Other publications TiSEM c3485b9b-a0bd-456f-9baa-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Rodriguez, Juan Carlos, 2007. "Measuring financial contagion: A Copula approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 401-423, June.
- Paul Embrechts, 2009. "Linear Correlation and EVT: Properties and Caveats," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 7(1), pages 30-39, Winter.
- Ser-Huang Poon, 2004. "Extreme Value Dependence in Financial Markets: Diagnostics, Models, and Financial Implications," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 17(2), pages 581-610.
More about this item
KeywordsExtreme dependence Extreme value theory Copulas Asymmetric threshold;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:35:y:2011:i:11:p:2916-2930. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .