Integration in European retail banking: Evidence from savings and lending rates to non-financial corporations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Donggyu Sul, 2009. "Economic transition and growth," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(7), pages 1153-1185.
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Donggyu Sul, 2007.
"Transition Modeling and Econometric Convergence Tests,"
Econometric Society, vol. 75(6), pages 1771-1855, November.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Donggyu Sul, 2007. "Transition Modeling and Econometric Convergence Tests," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1595, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Burcu Erdogan & Vladimir Kuzin, 2009.
"Testing for Convergence in Stock Markets: A Non-linear Factor Approach,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
932, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Burcu Erdogan & Vladimir Kuzin, 2009. "Testing for Convergence in Stock Markets: A Non-Linear Factor Approach," CESifo Working Paper Series 2845, CESifo Group Munich.
- Phillips, Peter C.B. & Sul, Donggyu, 2007. "Some empirics on economic growth under heterogeneous technology," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 455-469, September.
- Alfredo Martín-Oliver & Vicente Salas-Fumás & Jesus Saurina, 2007. "A Test of the Law of One Price in Retail Banking," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(8), pages 2021-2040, December.
- Hodrick, Robert J & Prescott, Edward C, 1997.
"Postwar U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Robert J. Hodrick & Edward Prescott, 1981. "Post-War U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation," Discussion Papers 451, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Barbara Casu & Claudia Girardone, 2006. "Bank Competition, Concentration And Efficiency In The Single European Market," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 74(4), pages 441-468, July.
- Vajanne, Laura, 2007. "Integration in euro area retail banking markets : convergence of credit interest rates," Research Discussion Papers 27/2007, Bank of Finland.
- Kleimeier, Stefanie & Sander, Harald, 2000. "Regionalisation versus globalisation in European financial market integration: Evidence from co-integration analyses," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1005-1043, June.
- Nazrul Islam, 2003. "What have We Learnt from the Convergence Debate?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 309-362, July.
- Fischer, Christoph, 2012.
"Price convergence in the EMU? Evidence from micro data,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 757-776.
- Fischer, Christoph, 2009. "Price convergence in the EMU? Evidence from micro data," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2009,06, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1991. "Convergence across States and Regions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(1), pages 107-182.
- Heinemann, Friedrich & Schüler, Martin, 2002.
"How integrated are the European retail financial markets? A cointegration analysis,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
02-22, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Schüler, Martin & Heinemann, Friedrich, 2002. "How integrated are the European retail financial markets? A cointegration analysis," Research Notes 3b, Deutsche Bank Research.
- Quah, Danny T., 1996. "Empirics for economic growth and convergence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1353-1375, June.
- A. A. Antzoulatos & E. Panopoulou & C. Tsoumas, 2011. "The enigma of noninterest income convergence," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(17), pages 1309-1316.
- Barro, Robert J & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992.
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 223-251, April.
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991. "Convergence Across States and Regions," Papers 629, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Barro, Robert J. & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Convergence," Scholarly Articles 3451299, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991. "Convergence," Papers 645, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ivo Arnold & Saskia van Ewijk, 2014. "The impact of sovereign and credit risk on interest rate convergence in the euro area," DNB Working Papers 425, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Codruta Boar & Gabor Hunya & Olga Pindyuk & Jan Toporowski, 2013. "Monthly Report No. 5/2013," wiiw Monthly Reports 2013-05, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Arnold, Ivo J.M. & van Ewijk, Saskia E., 2014. "A state space approach to measuring the impact of sovereign and credit risk on interest rate convergence in the euro area," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(PB), pages 340-357.
- Degl'Innocenti, Marta & Kourtzidis, Stavros A. & Sevic, Zeljko & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2017. "Bank productivity growth and convergence in the European Union during the financial crisis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 184-199.
- Rughoo, Aarti & You, Kefei, 2016. "Asian financial integration: Global or regional? Evidence from money and bond markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 419-434.
- Carvallo, Oscar & Kasman, Adnan, 2017. "Convergence in bank performance: Evidence from Latin American banking," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 127-142.
- Niţoi, Mihai & Pochea, Maria Miruna, 2016. "Testing financial markets convergence in Central and Eastern Europe: A non-linear single factor model," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 323-334.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:71-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matousek, Roman & Rughoo, Aarti & Sarantis, Nicholas & George Assaf, A., 2015. "Bank performance and convergence during the financial crisis: Evidence from the ‘old’ European Union and Eurozone," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 208-216.
- Fujii, Hidemichi & Managi, Shunsuke & Matousek, Roman & Rughoo, Aarti, 2017. "Bank Efficiency, Productivity and Convergence in EU countries: A Weighted Russell Directional Distance Model," MPRA Paper 77237, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsIntegration; European retail banking; Savings rates; Lending rates; Phillips and Sul convergence method;
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:22:y:2012:i:5:p:1307-1327. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.