A unification of second best results in international trade
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jewitt, Ian, 1981. "Preference structure and piecemeal second best policy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 215-231, October.
- Neary, J Peter, 1995.
"Trade Liberalisation and Shadow Prices in the Presence of Tariffs and Quotas,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 36(3), pages 531-554, August.
- J. Peter Neary, 1989. "Trade liberalization and shadow prices in the presence of tariffs and quotas," Working Papers 198904, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Neary, J Peter, 1989. "Trade Liberalization and Shadow Prices in the Presence of Tariffs and Quotas," CEPR Discussion Papers 345, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N & Brecher, Richard A & Hatta, Tatsuo, 1983. "The Generalized Theory of Transfers and Welfare: Bilateral Transfers in a Multilateral World," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 606-618, September.
- Grandmont, J. M. & McFadden, D., 1972. "A technical note on classical gains from trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 109-125, May.
- Anderson, James E & Neary, J Peter, 1992. "Trade Reform with Quotas, Partial Rent Retention, and Tariffs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 57-76, January.
- Bertrand, Trent J & Vanek, Jaroslav, 1971. "The Theory of Tariffs, Taxes, and Subsidies: Some Aspects of the Second Best," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(5), pages 925-931, December.
- Brecher, Richard A. & Diaz Alejandro, Carlos F., 1977. "Tariffs, foreign capital and immiserizing growth," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 317-322, November.
- Brecher, Richard A. & Bhagwati, Jagdish N., 1982. "Immiserizing transfers from abroad," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3-4), pages 353-364, November.
- Hatta, Tatsuo & Fukushima, Takashi, 1979. "The welfare effect of tariff rate reductions in a many country world," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 503-511, November.
- Shahid Alam, M., 1981. "Welfare implications of growth under quotas," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 177-180.
- R. G. Lipsey & Kelvin Lancaster, 1956. "The General Theory of Second Best," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 11-32.
- Michael Bruno, 1972. "Market Distortions and Gradual Reform," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(3), pages 373-383.
- Lloyd, P. J., 1974. "A more general theory of price distortions in open economies," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 365-386, November.
- John Pettengill, 1974. "The Quantitative Analysis of Distortions in a Simple General Equilibrium Model," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 105-117.
- Hatta, Tatsuo, 1977. "A Recommendation for a Better Tariff Structure," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(8), pages 1859-1869, November.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Raimondos, Pascalis, 1995. "Welfare effects of aid under quantitative trade restrictions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 297-315, November.
- Kemp, Murray C. & Wan, Henry Jr., 1976. "An elementary proposition concerning the formation of customs unions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 95-97, February.
- Boadway, Robin & Harris, Richard, 1977.
"A characterization of piecemeal second best policy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 169-190, October.
- Robin Boadway & Richard Harris, 1975. "A Characterization of Piecemeal Second Best Policy," Working Paper 195, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Falvey, Rodney E., 1988. "Tariffs, quotas and piecemeal policy reform," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 177-183, August.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Panagariya, Arvind, 1982. "Growth and Welfare in a Small, Open Economy," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(196), pages 409-419, November.
- Ian Wooton, 1988. "Towards a Common Market: Factor Mobility in a Customs Union," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(3), pages 525-538, August.
- Peter Neary, 1988. "Tariffs, Quotas, and Voluntary Export Restraints with and without Internationally Mobile Capital," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(4), pages 714-735, November.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1985. "Tax policy in open economies," Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 6, pages 313-374, Elsevier.
- Corden, W. Max & Falvey, Rodney E., 1985. "Quotas and the second best," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 67-70.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Panagariya, Arvind, 1979. "Gains from trade under variable returns to scale, commodity taxation, tariffs and factor market distortions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 481-501, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco Aiello, 2002. "Ranking Production Subsidies and Import Tariffs under Different Scenarios," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(11), pages 715-720.
- Grinols, Earl L. & Lin, Hwan C., 2011. "Patent replacement and welfare gains," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 1586-1604, September.
- Shogren, Jason & Margolis, Michael, 2002. "Unprotected Resources and Voracious World Markets," Discussion Papers dp-02-30, Resources For the Future.
- Baldwin, Richard, 2008. "Big-Think Regionalism: a Critical Survey," CEPR Discussion Papers 6874, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Csordás, Stefan & Krysiak, Frank C., 2009. "Unilateral climate policy and optimal containment in an open economy," Working papers 2009/02, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Arvind Panagariya, 2003. "Preferential Trading and Welfare: The Small-Union Case Revisited," International Trade 0308009, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2016. "Trade Unionism and Welfare Consequences of Trade and Investment Reforms in A Developing Economy," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(1), pages 152-171, February.
- Johannes Urpelainen, 2009. "Political-economic problems in trade capacity building," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 329-359, December.
- Crespo, Aranzazu; Muñoz-Sepulveda, Jesus A., 2015. "The Role of Physical and Financial Constraints in Export Dynamics," Economics Working Papers MWP2015/17, European University Institute.
- Hartmut Egger & Josef Falkinger, 2013. "Limited Consumer Attention in International Trade," CESifo Working Paper Series 4166, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hartmut Egger & Josef Falkinger, 2016. "Limited Consumer Attention in International Trade," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(5), pages 1096-1128, November.
- Soderbery, Anson, 2014. "Market size, structure, and access: Trade with capacity constraints," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 276-298.
- Susana Ferreira, 2007. "Trade Policy and Natural Resource Use: The Case for a Quantitative Restriction," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 37(2), pages 361-376, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:52:y:2000:i:2:p:235-257. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.