Information, flexibility, and value added1
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Kristjanson, Patricia M. & Matlon, Peter, 1991. "On the role of information in decision making : The case of sorghum yield in Burkina Faso," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 261-280, April.
- Ormiston, Michael B. & Schlee, Edward E., 1992. "Necessary conditions for comparative statics under uncertainty," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 429-434, December.
- Quiggin, John & Horowitz, John, 1995. "Time and Risk," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 37-55, January.
- Bigelow, John P & Menezes, Carmen F, 1995. "Outside Risk Aversion and the Comparative Statics of Increasing Risk in Quasi-linear Decision Models," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 36(3), pages 643-673, August.
- Hadar, Josef & Russell, William R, 1969. "Rules for Ordering Uncertain Prospects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 25-34, March.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Becker, Gary S, 1972. "Market Insurance, Self-Insurance, and Self-Protection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(4), pages 623-648, July-Aug..
- Ormiston Michael B. & Schlee Edward E., 1993. "Comparative Statics under Uncertainty for a Class of Economic Agents," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 412-422, December.
- Eeckhoudt, Louis & Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris, 1996.
"Changes in Background Risk and Risk-Taking Behavior,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(3), pages 683-689, May.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & Christian GOLLIER & Harris SCHLESINGER, 1994. "Changes in Background Risk and Risk Taking Behavior," Working Papers 005, Risk and Insurance Archive.
- Dreze, Jacques H. & Modigliani, Franco, 1972. "Consumption decisions under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 308-335, December.
- Katz, Eliakim, 1984. "On variability under certainty," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-2), pages 109-113.
- Hartman, Richard, 1976. "Factor Demand with Output Price Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 675-681, September.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E, 1976. "Firm Demand for Information about Price and Technology," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1335-1341, December.
- Antonovitz, Frances & Roe, Terry, 1986.
"A Theoretical and Empirical Approach to the Value of Information in Risky Markets,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 68(1), pages 105-114, February.
- Antonovitz, Frances & Roe, Terry L., 1984. "A Theoretical And Empirical Approach To The Value Of Information In Risky Markets," Staff Papers 13467, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Hadar, Josef & Seo, Tae Kun, 1990. "The Effects of Shifts in a Return Distribution on Optimal Portfolios," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(3), pages 721-736, August.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1990. "The Economics of Modern Manufacturing: Technology, Strategy, and Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 511-528, June.
- Ormiston, Michael B, 1992. "First and Second Degree Transformations and Comparative Statics under Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 33(1), pages 33-44, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pautsch, Gregory R. & Babcock, Bruce A. & Breidt, F. Jay, 1999.
"Optimal Information Acquisition Under A Geostatistical Model,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(02), December.
- Pautsch, Gregory R. & Babcock, Bruce A. & Breidt, F. J., 1999. "Optimal Information Acquisition Under a Geostatistical Model," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1517, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Pautsch, Gregory R. & Babcock, Bruce & Breidt, F. Jay, 1999. "Optimal Information Acquisition Under a Geostatistical Model," ISU General Staff Papers 199905010700001528, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Gregory R. Pautsch & Bruce A. Babcock & F. Jay Breidt, 1999. "Optimal Information Acquisition under a Geostatistical Model," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 99-wp217, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Rejesus, Roderick M. & Nelson, Carl H., 2000. "Determinants Of The Value Of Site-Specific Information (Ssi) In Agriculture: A Unifying Theory To Analyze Its Relative Impacts," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21779, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Mitchell, Paul D., 2003. "Value of imperfect input information in agricultural production," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 75(2-3), pages 277-294.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iepoli:v:10:y:1998:i:4:p:431-449. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505549 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.