A Theoretical and Empirical Approach to the Value of Information in Risky Markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Antonovitz, Frances & Roe, Terry L., 1984. "A Theoretical And Empirical Approach To The Value Of Information In Risky Markets," Staff Papers 13467, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Freebairn, J W, 1976. "The Value and Distribution of the Benefits of Commodity Price Outlook Information," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 52(138), pages 199-212, June.
- David A. Bessler, 1980. "Aggregated Personalistic Beliefs on Yields of Selected Crops Estimated Using ARIMA Processes," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 62(4), pages 666-674.
- DeCanio, Stephen J, 1980. "Economic Losses from Forecasting Error in Agriculture," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 234-258, April.
- Rulon D. Pope, 1978. "The Expected Utility Hypothesis and Demand-Supply Restrictions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 60(4), pages 619-627.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Burton, Diana M. & Love, H. Alan, 1996.
"A Review of Alternative Expectations Regimes in Commodity Markets: Specification, Estimation, and Hypothesis Testing Using Structural Models,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 213-231, October.
- Burton, Diana M. & Love, H. Alan, 1996. "A Review Of Alternative Expectations Regimes In Commodity Markets: Specification, Estimation, And Hypothesis Testing Using Structural Models," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 25(2), pages 1-19, October.
- Lee, Jung-Hee & Brorsen, B. Wade, 1994. "Effect Of Risk Aversion On Feeder Cattle Prices," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(2), pages 1-7, December.
- Cherchye, L. & Post, G.T., 2001. "Methodological Advances in Dea," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2001-53-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Catherine Morrison Paul, 2003. "Productivity and Efficiency Measurement in Our “New Economy”: Determinants, Interactions, and Policy Relevance," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 161-177, April.
- Moawia Alghalith, 2005. "Estimation with price and output uncertainty," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 8, pages 247-257, November.
- Bullock, David S. & Garcia, Philip & Shin, Kie-Yup, 2005.
"Measuring producer welfare under output price uncertainty and risk non-neutrality,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 49(1), pages 1-21.
- David S. Bullock & Philip Garcia & Kie-Yup Shin, 2005. "Measuring producer welfare under output price uncertainty and risk non-neutrality," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 49(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Ates, Aaron M. & Lusk, Jayson L. & Brorsen, B. Wade, 2019.
"Forecasting Meat Prices Using Consumer Expectations from the Food Demand Survey (FooDS),"
Journal of Food Distribution Research,
Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 50(1), March.
- Ates, Aaron M. & Lusk, Jayson L. & Brorsen, B. Wade, 2016. "Forecasting Meat Prices using Consumer Expectations from the Food Demand Survey (FooDS)," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 229858, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Jeffrey M. Perloff, 1989. "The Economics of Information," Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports 005, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Takii, Katsuya, 2000.
"Prediction ability and investment under uncertainty,"
Economics Discussion Papers
9991, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Katsuya Takii, 2004. "Prediction Ability and Investment under Uncertainty," Industrial Organization 0406005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roe, Terry & Somwaru, Agapi & Diao, Xinshen, 2002. "Do direct payments have intertemporal effects on U.S. agriculture?," TMD discussion papers 104, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hennessy, David A. & Babcock, Bruce A., 1998. "Information, flexibility, and value added1," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 431-449, December.
- Duncan, Steven Scott, 1988. "The relevant forecast of variance of income for marketing decisions under uncertainty," ISU General Staff Papers 198801010800009839, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Caswell, Julie A. & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 1993. "Implications of New Industrial Organization and Demand Models for Marketing Research," Food and Agricultural Marketing Issues for the 21st Century - FAMC 1993 Conference 265924, Food and Agricultural Marketing Consortium (FAMC).
- Takii, Katsuya, 2007. "The value of adaptability--Through the analysis of a firm's prediction ability," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 144-162.
- Lei, Li-Fen, 1992. "Using futures and option contracts to manage price and quantity risk: A case of corn farmers in central Iowa," ISU General Staff Papers 1992010108000011326, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bullock, J. Bruce, 1986. "Risk of What?," Working Papers 256565, University of Missouri Columbia, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- repec:ags:jaecon:37108 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elie Appelbaum, 2000. "Estimating the firm's demand and supply functions under uncertainty without expected utility," Working Papers 2000_5, York University, Department of Economics.
- Pruitt, J. Ross & Tonsor, Glynn T. & Brooks, Kathleen R., 2014. "Eliciting Expert Opinion on Components of USDA Market Livestock Information," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169389, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:68:y:1986:i:1:p:105-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ann Olson). General contact details of provider: https://www.mitpressjournals.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.