Multinational manufacturing subsidiaries in Scotland: Strategic role and economic impact
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kendall Roth & Allen J Morrison, 1992. "Implementing Global Strategy: Characteristics of Global Subsidiary Mandates," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(4), pages 715-735, December.
- Jon I Martinez & J Carlos Jarillo, 1991. "Coordination Demands of International Strategies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(3), pages 429-444, September.
- Young, S. & Hood N. & Hamill J., 1985. "Decision-making in foreign-owned multinational subsidiaries in the United Kingdom," ILO Working Papers 992395053402676, International Labour Organization.
- Hood, N & Young, S, 1976. "U.S. Investment in Scotland-Aspects of the Branch Factory Syndrome," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 23(3), pages 279-294, November.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:239505 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1981. "Qualitative Response Models: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 1483-1536, December.
- Kendall Roth & Allen J Morrison, 1990. "An Empirical Analysis of the Integration-Responsiveness Framework in Global Industries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 21(4), pages 541-564, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert Pearce, 2001. "Multinationals and Industrialisation: The Bases of 'Inward Investment' Policy," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 51-73.
- Kappen, Philip, 2011. "Competence-creating overlaps and subsidiary technological evolution in the multinational corporation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 673-686, June.
- Ana Teresa Tavares & Stephen Young, 2006. "Sourcing patterns of foreign-owned multinational subsidiaries in Europe," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(6), pages 583-600.
- Marin, Anabel & Bell, Martin, 2010. "The local/global integration of MNC subsidiaries and their technological behaviour: Argentina in the late 1990s," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 919-931, September.
- Hogenbirk, Annelies.E. & van Kranenburg, Hans.L., 2006. "Roles of foreign owned subsidiaries in a small economy," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 53-67, February.
- Achcaoucaou, Fariza & Miravitlles, Paloma & León-Darder, Fidel, 2017. "Do we really know the predictors of competence-creating R&D subsidiaries? Uncovering the mediation of dual network embeddedness," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 181-195.
- Zander, Ivo, 1999. "Whereto the multinational? The evolution of technological capabilities in the multinational network," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 261-291, August.
- Neil Hood & James Taggart, 1999. "Subsidiary Development in German and Japanese Manufacturing Subsidiaries in the British Isles," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(6), pages 513-528.
- Crone, Mike & Roper, Stephen, 1999. "Knowledge Transfers from Multi-national Plants in Northern Ireland," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa053, European Regional Science Association.
- Blomkvist, Katarina & Kappen, Philip & Zander, Ivo, 2017. "Gone are the creatures of yesteryear? On the diffusion of technological capabilities in the ‘modern’ MNC," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 1-16.
- Ivarsson, Inge & Jonsson, Thommy, 2003. "Local technological competence and asset-seeking FDI: an empirical study of manufacturing and wholesale affiliates in Sweden," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 369-386, June.
- Dellestrand, Henrik & Kappen, Philip, 2011. "Headquarters Allocation of Resources to Innovation Transfer Projects within the Multinational Enterprise," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 263-277.
- Pearce, Robert D., 1999. "Decentralised R&D and strategic competitiveness: globalised approaches to generation and use of technology in multinational enterprises (MNEs)," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 157-178, March.
- repec:spr:manint:v:46:y:2006:i:2:d:10.1007_s11575-006-0046-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pearce, Robert & Papanastassiou, Marina, 1999. "Overseas R&D and the strategic evolution of MNEs: evidence from laboratories in the UK," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 23-41, January.
- Naveen Kumar Jain & Tanvi Kothari & Vikas Kumar, 2016. "Location Choice Research: Proposing New Agenda," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 56(3), pages 303-324, June.
- Williams, David, 2003. "Explaining employment changes in foreign manufacturing investment in the UK," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 479-497, August.
- repec:spr:epolit:v:35:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s40888-018-0120-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pearce, Robert, 1999. "The evolution of technology in multinational enterprises: the role of creative subsidiaries," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 125-148, April.
- Anabel Marin & Elisa Giuliani, 2007. "Global and local knowledge linkages: the case of MNE subsidiaries in Argentina," SPRU Working Paper Series 155, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
More about this item
KeywordsMultinational Manufacturing Strategy Scotland Subsidiary R&D;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iburev:v:5:y:1996:i:5:p:447-468. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.