The institutionalisation of political risk assessment (IPRA) in Jordanian international firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Keillor, Bruce D. & Wilkinson, Timothy J. & Owens, Deborah, 2005. "Threats to international operations: dealing with political risk at the firm level," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(5), pages 629-635, May.
- Keillor, Bruce D. & Boller, Gregory W. & Ferrell, O. C., 1997. "Firm-level political behavior in the global marketplace," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 113-126, October.
- Jonathan L Calof, 1994. "The Relationship Between Firm Size and Export Behavior Revisited," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 25(2), pages 367-387, June.
- Bilson, Christopher M. & Brailsford, Timothy J. & Hooper, Vincent C., 2002. "The explanatory power of political risk in emerging markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 1-27.
- Kennedy, Charles Jr., 1988. "Political risk management: A portfolio planning model," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 26-33.
- Stephen J Kobrin & John Basek & Stephen Blank & Joseph La Palombara, 1980. "The Assessment and Evaluation of Noneconomic Environments by American Firms: A Preliminary Report," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 11(1), pages 32-47, March.
- Philipp Harms, 2002. "Political risk and equity investment in developing countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(6), pages 377-380.
- Oetzel, Jennifer, 2005. "Smaller may be beautiful but is it more risky? Assessing and managing political and economic risk in Costa Rica," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 765-790, December.
- Jean-Claude Cosset & Jean Roy, 1991. "The Determinants of Country Risk Ratings," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(1), pages 135-142, March.
- International Monetary Fund, 2004. "Risk Instability and the Pattern of Foreign Direct Investment in the Middle East and North Africa Region," IMF Working Papers 04/139, International Monetary Fund.
- Iankova, Elena & Katz, Jan, 2003. "Strategies for political risk mediation by international firms in transition economies: the case of Bulgaria," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 182-203, August.
- Kabir Hassan, M. & Maroney, Neal C. & Monir El-Sady, Hassan & Telfah, Ahmad, 2003. "Country risk and stock market volatility, predictability, and diversification in the Middle East and Africa," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 63-82, March.
- Busse, Matthias & Hefeker, Carsten, 2007.
"Political risk, institutions and foreign direct investment,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 397-415, June.
- Hefeker, Carsten & Busse, Matthias, 2005. "Political Risk, Institutions and Foreign Direct Investment," HWWA Discussion Papers 315, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Tsai, Ming-Chih & Su, Chin-Hui, 2005. "Political risk assessment of five East Asian ports--the viewpoints of global carriers," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 291-298, July.
- Rich, Gillian & Mahmoud, Essam, 1990. "Political risk forecasting by Canadian firms," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 89-102.
- Kobrin, Stephen J., 1981. "Political assessment by international firms: Models or methodologies?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 251-270, May.
- Goriaev, Alexei P. & Sonin, Konstantin, 2005. "Is Political Risk Company-Specific? The Market Side of the Yukos Affair," CEPR Discussion Papers 5076, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Oetzel, Jennifer M. & Bettis, Richard A. & Zenner, Marc, 2001. "Country risk measures: how risky are they?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 128-145, July.
- Henisz, Witold J, 2000. "The Institutional Environment for Multinational Investment," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 334-364, October.
- Pahud de Mortanges, Charles & Allers, Vivian, 1996. "Political risk assessment: Theory and the experience of Dutch firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 303-318, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Komendantova, Nadejda & Patt, Anthony & Barras, Lucile & Battaglini, Antonella, 2012. "Perception of risks in renewable energy projects: The case of concentrated solar power in North Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 103-109.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:117:y:2018:i:c:p:108-126 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mahia, Ramon & de Arce, Rafael & Medina, Eva, 2014. "Assessing the future of a CSP industry in Morocco," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 586-597.
- Donatella Baiardi & Matteo Manera & Mario Menegatti, 2014.
"The Effects of Environmental Risk on Consumption: an Empirical Analysis on the Mediterranean Countries,"
271, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2014.
- Donatella Baiardi & Matteo Manera & Mario Menegatti, 2014. "The Effects of Environmental Risk on Consumption: an Empirical Analysis on the Mediterranean Countries," Working Papers 2014.43, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
More about this item
KeywordsAssessment Developing countries Institutionalisation of political risk assessment (IPRA) Jordan Political risk;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iburev:v:17:y:2008:i:6:p:688-702. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.