Working capital management policy in health care: The effect of leverage
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Villalonga, Belen & Amit, Raphael, 2006. "How do family ownership, control and management affect firm value?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 385-417, May.
- Liu, Guangqiang & Wei, Yu & Chen, Yongfei & Yu, Jiang & Hu, Yang, 2018. "Forecasting the value-at-risk of Chinese stock market using the HARQ model and extreme value theory," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 499(C), pages 288-297.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, February.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, August.
- Alan S. Blinder & Louis J. Maccini, 1991. "Taking Stock: A Critical Assessment of Recent Research on Inventories," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 73-96, Winter.
- Cleemput, Irina & De Laet, Chris, 2013. "Analysis of the costs of dialysis and the effects of an incentive mechanism for low-cost dialysis modalities," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 172-179.
- Xu, Jin, 2012. "Profitability and capital structure: Evidence from import penetration," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 427-446.
- Ferreira, Pedro Cavalcanti & Gomes, Diego B.P., 2017.
"Health care reform or more affordable health care?,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 126-153.
- Ferreira, Pedro Cavalcanti & Gomes, Diego Braz Pereira, 2016. "Health Care Reform or More Affordable Health Care?," FGV EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 780, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil).
- Marc Deloof, 2003. "Does Working Capital Management Affect Profitability of Belgian Firms?," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(3-4), pages 573-588.
- Hakim Lyngstadaas & Terje Berg, 2016. "Working capital management: evidence from Norway," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 12(3), pages 295-313, June.
- Enqvist, Julius & Graham, Michael & Nikkinen, Jussi, 2014. "The impact of working capital management on firm profitability in different business cycles: Evidence from Finland," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 36-49.
- Darush Yazdanfar & Peter Öhman, 2014. "The impact of cash conversion cycle on firm profitability: An empirical study based on Swedish data," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(4), pages 442-452, August.
- Paulo Maçãs Nunes & Zélia Serrasqueiro, 2015. "Profitability determinants of Portuguese knowledge-intensive business services: empirical evidence using panel data models," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 51-56, January.
- Faris Nasif AL-Shubiri, 2015. "The Impact of Economic and Financial Variables on Cash Conversion Cycle of Energy, Oil and Gas Sectors Listed in Muscat Security Market," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(1), pages 174-181.
- Maria Amélia Pais & Paulo Miguel Gama, 2015. "Working capital management and SMEs profitability: Portuguese evidence," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(3), pages 341-358, June.
- Peyer, Urs C. & Shivdasani, Anil, 2001. "Leverage and internal capital markets: evidence from leveraged recapitalizations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 477-515, March.
- Emery, Gary W., 1987. "An Optimal Financial Response to Variable Demand," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(2), pages 209-225, June.
- Ukaegbu, Ben, 2014. "The significance of working capital management in determining firm profitability: Evidence from developing economies in Africa," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 1-16.
- Lin, Yongjia Rebecca & Fu, Xiaoqing Maggie, 2017. "Does institutional ownership influence firm performance? Evidence from China," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 17-57.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1981. "Biases in Dynamic Models with Fixed Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1417-1426, November.
- Sonia Baños‐Caballero & Pedro J. García‐Teruel & Pedro Martínez‐Solano, 2010. "Working capital management in SMEs," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 50(3), pages 511-527, September.
- Wang, Yung-Jang, 2002. "Liquidity management, operating performance, and corporate value: evidence from Japan and Taiwan," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 159-169, April.
- Nathaniel D. Bastian & Tahir Ekin & Hyojung Kang & Paul M. Griffin & Lawrence V. Fulton & Benjamin C. Grannan, 2017. "Stochastic multi-objective auto-optimization for resource allocation decision-making in fixed-input health systems," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 246-264, June.
- Michael S. Long & Ileen B. Malitz & S. Abraham Ravid, 1993. "Trade Credit, Quality Guarantees, and Product," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(4), Winter.
- Pedro Juan García-Teruel & Pedro Martínez-Solano, 2007. "Effects of working capital management on SME profitability," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 164-177, April.
- Nekhili, Mehdi & Nagati, Haithem & Chtioui, Tawhid & Nekhili, Ali, 2017. "Gender-diverse board and the relevance of voluntary CSR reporting," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 81-100.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Niccolo Gordini & Elisa Rancati, 2017. "Gender diversity in the Italian boardroom and firm financial performance," Management Research Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(1), pages 75-94, January.
- Windmeijer, Frank, 2005. "A finite sample correction for the variance of linear efficient two-step GMM estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 25-51, May.
- Haitham Nobanee & Modar Abdullatif & Maryam AlHajjar, 2011. "Cash conversion cycle and firm's performance of Japanese firms," Asian Review of Accounting, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(2), pages 147-156, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Faisal Mahmood & Dongping Han & Nazakat Ali & Riaqa Mubeen & Umeair Shahzad, 2019. "Moderating Effects of Firm Size and Leverage on the Working Capital Finance–Profitability Relationship: Evidence from China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(7), pages 1-14, April.
More about this item
KeywordsCash conversion cycle; Financial leverage; Health care; Listed EU hospitals; Working capital; Moderation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:122:y:2018:i:11:p:1266-1272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.