Factors affecting cross-border mergers and acquisitions: The Canada-U.S. experience
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wi Saeng Kim & Esmeralda O Lyn, 1987. "Foreign Direct Investment Theories, Entry Barriers and Reverse Investments in U.S Manufacturing Industries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, pages 53-66.
- Harris, Robert S & Ravenscraft, David, 1991. " The Role of Acquisitions in Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence from the U.S. Stock Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(3), pages 825-844, July.
- Hirschey, Mark, 1986. "Mergers, Buyouts and Fakeouts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 317-322.
- Bradley, Michael, 1980. "Interfirm Tender Offers and the Market for Corporate Control," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(4), pages 345-376, October.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1986. "Transforming Merger Policy: The Pound of New Perspectives," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 114-119.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Uddin, Moshfique & Boateng, Agyenim, 2011. "Explaining the trends in the UK cross-border mergers & acquisitions: An analysis of macro-economic factors," International Business Review, Elsevier, pages 547-556.
- Pablo, Eduardo, 2009. "Determinants of cross-border M&As in Latin America," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(9), pages 861-867, September.
- Reddy, Kotapati Srinivasa, 2015. "Determinants of Cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions: A Comprehensive Review and Future Direction," MPRA Paper 63969, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Xie, En & Reddy, K.S. & Liang, Jie, 2017. "Country-specific determinants of cross-border mergers and acquisitions: A comprehensive review and future research directions," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, pages 127-183.
- Yang, Monica & Hyland, MaryAnne, 2012. "Similarity in Cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions: Imitation, Uncertainty and Experience among Chinese Firms, 1985–2006," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, pages 352-365.
- Reed, Michael R. & Babool, Md. Ashfaqul Islam, 2003. "Factors Affecting International Mergers and Acquisitions," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 6(04).
- Sehleanu Mariana, 2015. "The Influence Of Home Country Macroeconomic Factors On Inward Cross-Border Mergers And Acquisitions: The Case Of Romania," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, pages 584-592.
- Boateng, Agyenim & Hua, Xiuping & Uddin, Moshfique & Du, Min, 2014. "Home country macroeconomic factors on outward cross-border mergers and acquisitions: Evidence from the UK," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, pages 202-216.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:glofin:v:7:y:1996:i:2:p:223-238. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620162 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.