Property rights, land conflicts and deforestation in the Eastern Amazon
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Otsuki, Tsunehiro & Hardie, Ian W. & Reis, EustÃ¡quio J., 2002. "The implication of property rights for joint agricultureâ€“timber productivity in the Brazilian Amazon," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(2), pages 299-323, May.
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Payongayong, Ellen & Aidoo, J.B., 2003. "Land tenure and the management of land and trees: the case of customary land tenure areas of Ghana," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Kabubo-Mariara, Jane, 2003. "The linkages between property rights, migration, and productivity: the case of Kajiado District, Kenya," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(4), pages 621-636, October.
- David W. Marcouiller & David K. Lewis & Dean F. Schreiner, 1996. "Timber Production Factor Shares by Forest Tenancy Group," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(3), pages 358-369.
- Binswanger, Hans P., 1991. "Brazilian policies that encourage deforestation in the Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 821-829, July.
- Angelsen, Arild, 1999. "Agricultural expansion and deforestation: modelling the impact of population, market forces and property rights," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 185-218, February.
- Stone, Steven W., 1998. "Evolution of the Timber Industry Along an Aging Frontier: The Case of Paragominas (1990-1995)," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 433-448, March.
- Behera, Bhagirath & Engel, Stefanie, 2006. "Institutional analysis of evolution of joint forest management in India: A new institutional economics approach," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 350-362, June.
- N/A, 1996. "Note:," Foreign Trade Review, , vol. 31(1-2), pages 1-1, January.
- Fearnside, Philip M., 2003. "Conservation Policy in Brazilian Amazonia: Understanding the Dilemmas," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 757-779, May.
- Mueller, Bernardo & Alston, Lee & Libecap, Gary D. & Schneider, Robert, 1994. "Land, property rights and privatization in Brazil," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(Supplemen), pages 261-280.
- Gerald C. Nelson & GVirginia Harris & Steven W. Stone, 2001. "Deforestation, Land Use, and Property Rights: Empirical Evidence from Darién, Panama," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(2), pages 187-205.
- Alston, Lee J & Libecap, Gary D & Schneider, Robert, 1996.
"The Determinants and Impact of Property Rights: Land Titles on the Brazilian Frontier,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 25-61, April.
- Lee J. Alston & Gary D. Libecap & Robert Schneider, 1996. "The Determinants and Impact of Property Rights: Land Titles on the Brazilian Frontier," NBER Working Papers 5405, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feder, Gershon & Feeny, David, 1991. "Land Tenure and Property Rights: Theory and Implications for Development Policy," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(1), pages 135-153, January.
- Ibarra, Enrique & Hirakuri, Sofia R., 2007. "Institutional conflict and forest policy effectiveness: The case of the Costa Rican institutional reform," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 591-601, February.
- Marc Jacobson & Joel De Castro & Vianca Aliaga & Julio Romero & MAllison Davis, 1998. "The Role of Tenure Security and Private Time Preference in Neotropical Deforestation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(2), pages 162-170.
- Engel, Stefanie & Palmer, Charles, 2006. "Who owns the right? The determinants of community benefits from logging in Indonesia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 434-446, June.
- Casse, Thorkil & Milhoj, Anders & Ranaivoson, Socrate & Romuald Randriamanarivo, Jean, 2004. "Causes of deforestation in southwestern Madagascar: what do we know?," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 33-48, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kröger, Markus, 2013. "Grievances, agency and the absence of conflict: The new Suzano pulp investment in the Eastern Amazon," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 28-35.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:forpol:v:10:y:2008:i:5:p:303-315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/forpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.