Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon: Comparing the Impacts of Macroeconomic Shocks, Land Tenure, and Technological Change
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Persson, Annika & Munasinghe, Mohan, 1995. "Natural Resource Management and Economywide Policies in Costa Rica: A Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) Modeling Approach," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(2), pages 259-285, May.
- Binswanger, Hans P., 1991. "Brazilian policies that encourage deforestation in the Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 821-829, July.
- Stone, Steven W., 1998. "Evolution of the Timber Industry Along an Aging Frontier: The Case of Paragominas (1990-1995)," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 433-448, March.
- van Loock, Harry J. & Hafley, William L. & King, Richard A., 1973. "Estimation Of Agriculture-Forestry Transition Matrices From Aerial Photographs," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 5(02), December.
- Alston, Lee J & Libecap, Gary D & Schneider, Robert, 1996.
"The Determinants and Impact of Property Rights: Land Titles on the Brazilian Frontier,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 25-61, April.
- Lee J. Alston & Gary D. Libecap & Robert Schneider, 1996. "The Determinants and Impact of Property Rights: Land Titles on the Brazilian Frontier," NBER Working Papers 5405, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mendelsohn, Robert, 1994. "Property Rights and Tropical Deforestation," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 750-756, Supplemen.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 312-326.
More about this item
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:77:y:2001:i:2:p:219-240. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .