Labor allocation to non-timber extraction in a Mexican rainforest community
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gunnar Köhlin & Peter J. Parks, 2001. "Spatial Variability and Disincentives to Harvest: Deforestation and Fuelwood Collection in South Asia," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(2), pages 206-218.
- David M. Drukker, 2002. "Bootstrapping a conditional moments test for normality after tobit estimation," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(2), pages 125-139, May.
- Robin Brooks & Michael Murray & Stephen Salant & Jill C. Weise, 1999.
"When Is the Standard Analysis of Common Property Extraction under Free Access Correct? A Game-Theoretic Justification for Non-Game-Theoretic Analyses,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(4), pages 843-858, August.
- Brooks, R. & Controneo, J. & Murray, M. & Salant, S., 1995. "When is the Standard Analysis of Common Property Extraction Under Free Access Correct? -- A Game - Theoretic Justification for Non Game-Theoretic Analyses," Papers 95-10, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Wunder, Sven, 2001. "Poverty Alleviation and Tropical Forests--What Scope for Synergies?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1817-1833, November.
- Yoshito Takasaki & BRADFORD L. BARHAM & Oliver T. Coomes, 2000.
"Wealth Accumulation and Activity Choice Evolution Among Amazonian Forest Peasant Households,"
Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers
434, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Takasaki, Yoshito & Barham, Bradford L. & Coomes, Oliver T., 2000. "Wealth Accumulation and Activity Choice Evolution Among Amazonian Forest Peasant Households," Staff Paper Series 434, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Lybbert, Travis J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Narjisse, Hamid, 2002. "Market-based conservation and local benefits: the case of argan oil in Morocco," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 125-144, April.
- Deon Filmer & Lant Pritchett, 2001. "Estimating Wealth Effects Without Expenditure Data—Or Tears: An Application To Educational Enrollments In States Of India," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 38(1), pages 115-132, February.
- Escobal, Javier & Aldana, Ursula, 2003. "Are Nontimber Forest Products the Antidote to Rainforest Degradation? Brazil Nut Extraction in Madre De Dios, Peru," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 1873-1887, November.
- Richard Damania & Randy Stringer & K. Ullas Karanth & Brad Stith, 2003. "The Economics of Protecting Tiger Populations: Linking Household Behavior to Poaching and Prey Depletion," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 79(2), pages 198-216.
- Hanan G. Jacoby, 1993. "Shadow Wages and Peasant Family Labour Supply: An Econometric Application to the Peruvian Sierra," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(4), pages 903-921.
- Bluffstone Randall A., 1995. "The Effect of Labor Market Performance on Deforestation in Developing Countries under Open Access: An Example from Rural Nepal," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 42-63, July.
- Monica Fisher & Gerald E. Shively & Steven Buccola, 2005. "Activity Choice, Labor Allocation, and Forest Use in Malawi," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(4).
- Coomes, Oliver T. & Barham, Bradford L. & Takasaki, Yoshito, 2004. "Targeting conservation-development initiatives in tropical forests: insights from analyses of rain forest use and economic reliance among Amazonian peasants," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 47-64, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fortini, Lucas B. & Carter, Douglas R., 2014. "The economic viability of smallholder timber production under expanding açaí palm production in the Amazon Estuary," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 223-235.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:69:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10640-016-0066-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lopez-Feldman, Alejandro, 2011. "Poverty and commercialization of non-timber forest products," MPRA Paper 29696, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsNon-timber forest products Opportunity cost Poverty Rainforest Labor allocation Chamaedorea;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:foreco:v:15:y:2009:i:3:p:205-221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/701775/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.