Consumer information search for home mortgages: who, what, how much, and what else?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ozanne, Julie L & Brucks, Merrie & Grewal, Dhruv, 1992. " A Study of Information Search Behavior during the Categorization of New Products," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(4), pages 452-463, March.
- T.L. Tyler Yang & Brian A. Maris, 1993. "Mortgage Refinancing with Asymmetric Information," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 21(4), pages 481-510.
- Paul Bennett & Richard Peach & Stavros Peristiani, 2000. "Implied Mortgage Refinancing Thresholds," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 28(3), pages 405-434.
- James R. Follain, 1990. "Mortgage Choice†," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 18(2), pages 125-144.
- Srinivasan, Narasimhan & Ratchford, Brian T, 1991. " An Empirical Test of a Model of External Search for Automobiles," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 233-242, September.
- Beales, Howard & Craswell, Richard & Salop, Steven, 1981. "Information Remedies for Consumer Protection," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 410-413, May.
- Capon, Noel & Burke, Marian, 1980. " Individual, Product Class, and Task-Related Factors in Consumer Information Processing," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(3), pages 314-326, December.
- Amy Dickinson & Andrea J. Heuson, 1993. "Explaining Refinancing Decisions Using Microdata," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 21(3), pages 293-311.
- George J. Stigler, 1961. "The Economics of Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 213-213.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- J. Collins, 2011. "Mortgage Mistakes? Demographic Factors Associated with Problematic Loan Application Behaviors," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 586-599, December.
- repec:eee:pacfin:v:43:y:2017:i:c:p:218-237 is not listed on IDEAS
- Simangaliso Biza-Khupe, 2011. "The significance of demographic factors on key-indicator variables of consumer credit decisions," Far East Journal of Psychology and Business, Far East Research Centre, vol. 3(2), pages 15-25, May.
- Michael Grubb, 2015.
"Failing to Choose the Best Price: Theory, Evidence, and Policy,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 47(3), pages 303-340, November.
- Michael D. Grubb, 2015. "Failing to Choose the Best Price: Theory, Evidence, and Policy," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 878, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jason Allen & Robert Clark & Jean-Fran?ois Houde, 2014.
"The Effect of Mergers in Search Markets: Evidence from the Canadian Mortgage Industry,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 104(10), pages 3365-3396, October.
- Jason Allen & Robert Clark & Jean-François Houde, 2013. "The Effect of Mergers in Search Market: Evidence from the Canadian Mortgage Industry," NBER Working Papers 19126, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finser:v:9:y:2000:i:3:p:277-293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.rmi.gsu.edu/FSR/FSRhome.htm .