The performance and the survivorship of New Zealand IPOs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wolfgang Drobetz & Matthias Kammermann & Urs Wälchli, 2005. "Long-Run Performance of Initial Public Offerings: The Evidence for Switzerland," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 57(3), pages 253-275, July.
- Loughran, Tim & Ritter, Jay R, 1995. " The New Issues Puzzle," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 23-51, March.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 2004. "New lists: Fundamentals and survival rates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 229-269, August.
- Gao, Yan, 2010. "What comprises IPO initial returns: Evidence from the Chinese market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 77-89, January.
- De Bondt, Werner F M & Thaler, Richard, 1985. " Does the Stock Market Overreact?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 793-805, July.
- Ang, Andrew & Gu, Li & Hochberg, Yael V., 2007. "Is Ipo Underperformance a Peso Problem?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(03), pages 565-594, September.
- David Chambers & Elroy Dimson, 2009. "IPO Underpricing over the Very Long Run," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(3), pages 1407-1443, June.
- Tim Loughran & Jay R. Ritter, 2002. "Why Don't Issuers Get Upset About Leaving Money on the Table in IPOs?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(2), pages 413-444, March.
- Jing Chi & Carol Padgett, 2006. "Operating Performance and Its Relationship to Market Performance of Chinese Initial Public Offerings," Chinese Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(5), pages 28-50, October.
- Firth, Michael, 1997. "An analysis of the stock market performance of new issues in New Zealand," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 63-85, February.
- William L. Megginson & Robert C. Nash & Jeffry Netter & Adam L. Schwartz, 2000. "The Long-Run Return to Investors in Share Issue Privatizations," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 29(1), Spring.
- Ibbotson, Roger G., 1975. "Price performance of common stock new issues," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 235-272, September.
- Friesen, Geoffrey C. & Swift, Christopher, 2009. "Overreaction in the thrift IPO aftermarket," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1285-1298, July.
- Rock, Kevin, 1986. "Why new issues are underpriced," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 187-212.
- Hensler, Douglas A & Rutherford, Ronald C & Springer, Thomas M, 1997. "The Survival of Initial Public Offerings in the Aftermarket," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(1), pages 93-110, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liu, Jia & Lister, Roger & Pang, Dong, 2013. "Corporate evolution following initial public offerings in China: A life-course approach," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 1-20.
- Huong Dang & Michael Jolly, 2016. "IPOs in New Zealand: Valuation Multiples and Benchmark Adjusted Performance," Working Papers in Economics 16/32, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
More about this item
KeywordsNew Zealand IPOs Performance Survivorship;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:19:y:2010:i:3:p:172-180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.